• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can action be taken if support is paid late, but still paid within the month?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandiceH

Shawna said:
Ther is no bug up my butt. People just need to treat people the way they want to be treated. If you don't know in what sense the OP is asking his/her question ask, just don't jump to conclusions. That is all I am saying.
Since you are new to this site, you may want to grow a backbone! I am sure that what I said is what many ppl that read that question were thinking. Her LEGAL question was answered and no one put her down - statement made. Have a nice night!

E

eme76

toinett said:
eme- thanks for your help!!

your welcome

try not to get discuraged about this site...you have to read A LOT to learn a little

and to bb-:p :p

BelizeBreeze

toinett said:
What is the name of your state? nj
o.k. for all of you wanting to hear the CORRECT legal answer, waiting as it were, with baited breath, here it is.

Yes, the payee of child support can, if the order states that support is to be paid by the 1st of the month, file each and every month a show cause for contempt. It will take approximately 30 to 60 days for your case to appear before a judge and in the meantime the support will be paid.

When you do this three or four times and have to withdraw the complaint for lack of subject matter, the judge is going to call you in for a little heart to heart and IF you survive, you may understand why this issue and your concerns are not worth the tiem it took to answer this question.

IF, on the other hand, your ex is two or three months late and does this more than three or fourt times in a two year period, then MAYBE you have cause to bring the issue before the court.

CandiceH

BelizeBreeze said:
o.k. for all of you wanting to hear the CORRECT legal answer, waiting as it were, with baited breath, here it is.

Yes, the payee of child support can, if the order states that support is to be paid by the 1st of the month, file each and every month a show cause for contempt. It will take approximately 30 to 60 days for your case to appear before a judge and in the meantime the support will be paid.

When you do this three or four times and have to withdraw the complaint for lack of subject matter, the judge is going to call you in for a little heart to heart and IF you survive, you may understand why this issue and your concerns are not worth the tiem it took to answer this question.

IF, on the other hand, your ex is two or three months late and does this more than three or fourt times in a two year period, then MAYBE you have cause to bring the issue before the court.
APPLAUSE...that was more eloquantly put than my reply but as you can tell, I have a BUG up my A$$ tonight!

CandiceH

Rushia said:
ROTFLMAO!! Do you have any idea what kind of visions are going thru my head right now?
Ahhh, get your mind out of the gutter or out of my a$$ ! It's not a pretty sight. I guess we are hijacking this thread also but no one answered mine :( I think I am annoying some ppl

424Smudge

I think the OP is the new wife and her hubbie pays the support and mom is throwing a fit because it was a little late. I know that when my hubbie paid support his payments didn't even reach her until about 2 weeks (sometimes 3) later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">