• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can AF discharge member for failing CDC test?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ILLINOIS
-----------
My son-in-law is in the USAF with a Medical Group. He is despondent due to failing a CDC test yesterday by 3 points. My daughter says they told him he would be discharged/separated (I do not know the correct terminology) within 30 days. Is this true, or was he misinformed? If so, is there any avenue he can pursue that would permit him to stay? Retesting, job change, etc. Would legal services on base be of any help in this situation? He likes military life, and wants to make it a career. Please advise.What is the name of your state?

badapple40

I would be very surprised if they were going to discharge him JUST for that. Is this the first time he's failed it?

Must be other things going on.

aflynch

Have him talk to the Area Defense Counsel. They are air force defense lawyers that anyone can go and talk to and ask legal questions, especially in matters such as this. He would have had to have failed his CDC test for the second time to be discharged for that alone. The first time someone fails a cdc test, their supervisor is forced to intervene and conduct "study" sessions with that person to prevent failure from happening a second time. Definately have him see area defense counsel, they can tell him everything he needs to know. And tell him not to fear reprimand for seeking this advice. It is the right of every military member regardless of what anyone else says or thinks**************

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">