• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I acquire a forwarding address?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mkathyf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
A business had a 5 year contract to lease a building we own.
He bailed, with no notice, after 2 years.
Because he has several complaints with the better business bureau, he apparently needed to "disappear".
He has changed the name of his business (for the 3rd time in as many addresses) but continues to advertise our address as his business address. He has also changed his phone number.

We would like to find him. Is there any way to find out the new business address?
I realize our mail would be forwarded from the Post Office IF...(Big "IF") he submitted a change of address; which I doubt he did.

STEPHAN

Send an empty envelope with no return address.

If it arrives in your location, he has no forwarding.

I have successfully obtained a forwarding address through a friend that has a letter shop with electronic reporting.

I have also successfully obtained a forwarding address from the postmaster by showing him that I can get it through my friend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">