• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be sued for "lost revenue"?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cfitz2113

tranquility,

Thanks for that great post. I looked the case up on (where else) Wikipedia.

Yes, the contract in no way stated any time frame, did not state any need for one, nor did it state that the buyer would suffer damages if it was not completed within a time frame.

Now, these things were communicated "unofficially", ie. via casual email conversations where he expressed a desire to move quickly so he could begin making money, however, I don't know if it will really stand up.

If he sues me in NY, would I need to be present to defend myself? Or could I waive that right, and have an attorney appear in my stead?

seniorjudge

Q: If he sues me in NY, would I need to be present to defend myself? Or could I waive that right, and have an attorney appear in my stead?

A: Yes (best choice) and yes (second best choice).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">