• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I file a lawsuit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Why was the initial post deleted? This creature is horrifying even without knowing what she originally posted.
In a nutshell, OP has been squatting in a house for 4 years, after the owner died. The estate is evicting Squatter-McSquatty-Pants, and changed the locks when Squatty left the house to move in with her sucker of a boyfriend. Squatty is OUTRAGED -- has worked herself into a swivet over the injustice. Think about it: Squatty has been living RENT FREE for years, and now wants to sue because the rightful owners changed the locks when she moved out.

The utilities are still under my ex boyfriends name. They haven't been able to shut it off because they wouldn't allow it so they also shouldn't be allowed to change the locks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The utilities are still under my ex boyfriends name. They haven't been able to shut it off because they wouldn't allow it so they also shouldn't be allowed to change the locks
Your first post is gone. Did they or did they not give you notice on how to obtain the new key?

and i didnt delete the post it says its under review by a moderator. I wouldnt delete it because i'm not ashamed of anything

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes they put a notice on the door saying that i can coordinate with them to get the rest of my things out...Why do you ask?
I seem to recall that your original post said that the notice explained how you could get a key.

reenzz

So you have no proof that you ever paid rent or utilities? If so, your not a legally a tenant under Texas law. I would have you arrested for trespassing if you returned back to the property and breaking/entering if you forced your way in.

quincy

So you have no proof that you ever paid rent or utilities? If so, your not a legally a tenant under Texas law. I would have you arrested for trespassing if you returned back to the property and breaking/entering if you forced your way in.
Squatters actually have rights similar to those of tenants.

Eekamouse

Baddosquatty, please explain why you think you're entitled to live there and not have to pay rent or utilities? Who decided that? What makes you so special that you get to live for free in someone else's property?

CavemanLawyer

I got a private message to take a look at this post but I can't see the original question for some reason. It looks like starts somewhere in the middle of the conversation .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">