• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i let go of my rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rt2busi

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
my name is sucker and im from pennsylvania i was with my wife for four years and adopted her then six year old daughter after the adoption she left me three months later,and now two years later im paying child support for our son and her daughter and also visitation of both children, the problem now is she is telling me that she doesnt have to come with me, ive never felt anything for this girl but i adopted her because i thought it would strengthen our relationship. what are my rights to let this go

BelizeBreeze

rt2busi said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
my name is sucker
Sorry, but I agree.
and im from pennsylvania i was with my wife for four years and adopted her then six year old daughter after the adoption she left me three months later,and now two years later im paying child support for our son and her daughter and also visitation of both children, the problem now is she is telling me that she doesnt have to come with me, ive never felt anything for this girl but i adopted her because i thought it would strengthen our relationship. what are my rights to let this go
you don't have grounds to overturn the adoption. And yes, she DOES have to send the girl. Otherwise you'll send her a summons of the petition to show cause for contempt of court.

Get it?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Like it or not, you are now the Daddy. It's a shame that you adopted the child while feeling nothing for her, but you did. Now it's time to live up to your obligation.

rt2busi

she tells me that she doesnt want to come and hasnt wanted to for a long time but she doesnt know that im not her father and the ex is very controlling and each and everytime we are in court about this matter she seems to get her way every time. i pay child support for both children but its the ex that is in control of the situation she wanted a last name for her and shes the one who is doing this

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
rt2busi said:
she tells me that she doesnt want to come and hasnt wanted to for a long time but she doesnt know that im not her father
You're not getting the point. You ARE her father. You CHOSE to be her father. Now, if you choose not to see her, that's on you. But if you want to see the child, fight for that. And do it with a lawyer.

nextwife

Exactly, you ARE her father, (just not her biodad)!

ACT like a father, for pete's sake and ENFORCE your rights. You wouldn't just LET your child decide they "didn't WANT to" go to school? Or "didn't want to" go to church or synagogue? You are the adult. You tell your daughter where she does or doesn't go on your time and ENFORCE it..

rt2busi

grow some balls

grow balls i thinki lost them, we have a half way meet point to pick up, it is court ordered, she called and said if i wanted to see the KIDS i would have to drive over to her cause she wasnt traveling, i said then i guess i wont see them, so she called back and said she would let it go this once, so i got there and only my son was there, and that my daughter didnt want to come and hasnt for a long time but next week i bet shell send her since this weekend her boyfriends daughter was there, i shouldnve taken my son and told her that if its not the both of them then its none but i wanted to see my son. shes had me in court every other week. the litman lawyer said shes too controlling of the situation, in my eyes i won that one so she appealed it and another week later we were back in court and he took the weekends and only let me have days(in my eyes it was to show her that if she wanted to fight shed get all her days with them,) so now on the days im supposed to see them she always has something to do with them. this woman :confused: is vicious and such a story maker. i need help

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Then take her to court for contempt if either or both of the children are not where she is ordered to bring them. If you won't stand up for your rights, no one else will.

T

titansfan

you are daddy wether you want to be or not

when you adopted your daughter, you became the legal father, and are financially repsonsible for both kids. YOU are daddy, and you cant undo it. the kids dont get to decide they arent going to see you. get over it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">