• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I posses a gun or be a cop ect.?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dequeendistress

There is a waiting period to own a gun in your state, correct? Why don't you go to your local gun retailer, complete the paperwork and see if you qualify.

But, if any questions in regard to personality are asked, skip it.

E

egilmore

dequeendistress said:
There is a waiting period to own a gun in your state, correct? Why don't you go to your local gun retailer, complete the paperwork and see if you qualify.

But, if any questions in regard to personality are asked, skip it.
Yea I did that and was approved. I found out though that they only run those at a federal level and not state, and that the state level is more revealing. Thank you very much for the reply.

F

frankly

Eric, if I were you, I would go by the local police department and just ask them! And fwiw, I haven't noticed any of my local cops having to be particularly intelligent or good spellers. LOL

E

egilmore

frankly said:
Eric, if I were you, I would go by the local police department and just ask them! And fwiw, I haven't noticed any of my local cops having to be particularly intelligent or good spellers. LOL
Thanks. I gave them a call and they said "technically, no I can't posses a gun". The lady told me that it was under the Brady Bill, I guess I'll go look that up so I have a better understanding of it. I personally find it absurd that a fourth degree misdemeanor can take away one of my constitutional rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">