• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i print out flyers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amyward79

Indiana, I would like to know is it legal for me to print out a wanted fugitive poster and put it up for a fugitive that is wanted for 2 active warrants one for breaking and entering into my home and another for forgery and check fraud? She is running and I know where she lives only blocks from me. I know who she is (my cousin) and I just want to alert people I REALLLLLLY need to do something I am not a person to just sit back. Thank you so much in advance

CdwJava

As long as there truly is an active arrest warrant, I don't see why you couldn't post the flyer in any place that you might be otherwise lawfully permitted to post such a thing. Though you might have to be responsible to take them down when the suspect is in custody.

Check with the local police.

And, also BE CERTAIN that there IS an active warrant! I find a great many people who tell me that so-and-so has a warrant are wrong.

amyward79

Yes there is 2 active warrants one is FTA for the break and enter and the other is for check fraud and forgery in lake county indiana. Thanks so much im thinking of putting them on the lightpoles and windshields. Thanks

CdwJava

Yes there is 2 active warrants one is FTA for the break and enter and the other is for check fraud and forgery in lake county indiana. Thanks so much im thinking of putting them on the lightpoles and windshields. Thanks
Careful, it might be a muni code violation to put them on lightpoles.

We cite people for that here ... but then, we're a small town.

I would just be sure to take them down when the suspect has been caught because after that it might be seen as some form of libel or harassment. And understand that not all warrants are extraditable to other jurisdictions which is why I suggest you check with the local police.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Windshields might also be off limits - it is where I'm from.

You should check with local law enforcement, as Carl suggested. You could end up in trouble over nonsense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">