• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I somehow cash a business check without a bank account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carol123

Interestingly enough, yours isn't a legal question :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Interestingly enough the question IS exactly a legal question, duh.

You people are morons and your names prove it justalayman! Go back to slapping each other on the back as you roll your eyes on things you don't understand.

carol123

You people are morons and your names prove it justalayman! Go back to slapping each other on the back as you roll your eyes on things you don't understand.
Over AND OUT OF HERE... YOU MORONS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT..

I CAME, I SAW, I SPLIT FOR LACK OF INTELLIGENCE AND KNOWLEDGE!

justalayman

as I often quote here Mr. Shakespeare:

Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself though, not a Montague.
What’s Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O! be some other name:
What’s in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call’d,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name;
And for that name, which is no part of thee,
but if you believe a name determines the wearers person, that suggests we should change your name. I have a couple suggestions for you to consider:

justanidiot

justathief

scammasterC

don't come back when you get arrested for embezzlement of company funds.

tranquility

Zigner is right, the OPs question is not a legal one. It is a banking one. At its core, it BECOMES a legal one. The OP wants to know how to get the money. The problem is, it is NOT her money. It is the corporation's money. While the OP may own the corporation, that does not mean the assets are hers. I don't get to write a check for my portion of Apple's overseas accounts just because I own a couple of shares.

With that in mind, the theory of what to do is simple. Have the corporation give the OP the money. There seem two ways. First, at the stockholder's meeting, the OP votes her shares to make her manager/president and then gets the money into the corporation and then writes herself a check for the amount. True, there could be some fiduciary and legal problems (depending on the corporation's facts); but, it could be done. The second would be to sue the corporation and president/officers for breach of ownership and/or fiduciary duties to her.

That is the theory. In practicality? It is going to be hard to get legal justice in a foreign country when the people who harmed you are difficult to find.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">