• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I still receive back child support after child turns 18?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tweetylove

Just my two cents

Well I am not sure how it is in your state but my husband has a friend that had his son amancapated so he did not have to pay support on him. This is hear say but what the guy my husband knows said that after the kid is an adult the back support becomes a deet it is no longer a support issue. This guy told my husband that now that the kid is now cosidered an adult that his laywer told him the state could no longer put him in jail for the back support it would go to a dettors court.

Not sure how true this is but make sence to me.

SORRY about the spelling;)!

nextwife

Well I am not sure how it is in your state but my husband has a friend that had his son amancapated so he did not have to pay support on him. This is hear say but what the guy my husband knows said that after the kid is an adult the back support becomes a deet it is no longer a support issue. This guy told my husband that now that the kid is now cosidered an adult that his laywer told him the state could no longer put him in jail for the back support it would go to a dettors court.

Not sure how true this is but make sence to me.

SORRY about the spelling;)!

What's a deet? :confused:

Gracie3787

LOL, well, somebody "told" somebody my hubby knows, that he "heard" that I had won the lottery. So, using your train of thought, can I assume that I must be very wealthy just because "somebody" told somebody else that I am?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">