• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i sue walmart because....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

The lawyer is the ONLY person who would win because he would take her money. That is if she could find an attorney who would attempt such a BS case. Because i can guarantee the manager was ACTING OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF HER EMPLOYMENT when she was having an affair with hubby.
Like I said, she could possible get her in trouble with Walmart, and cost her, her job, without any lawsuit...but what is the point? I am quite sure that Walmart would have serious problem with a manager involved sexually with a subordinate, even if the subordinate were single...but again, what is the point?

Her husband is the one who broke his vows. He is the culprit, not the manager.

mistoffolees

The lawyer is the ONLY person who would win because he would take her money. That is if she could find an attorney who would attempt such a BS case. Because i can guarantee the manager was ACTING OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF HER EMPLOYMENT when she was having an affair with hubby.
Of course.

My point was a jab at the legal system (I'm having a bad day with a worthless scumbag who is going after my company with a completely frivolous suit that I have to spend money to defend). In the US, you can almost always come up with grounds to sue almost anyone if you really want to.

Winning is a different matter - and OP isn't going to win, so you're right that no one would benefit except the attorney.

Sorry I wasn't clear.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Like I said, she could possible get her in trouble with Walmart, and cost her, her job, without any lawsuit...but what is the point? I am quite sure that Walmart would have serious problem with a manager involved sexually with a subordinate, even if the subordinate were single...but again, what is the point?

Her husband is the one who broke his vows. He is the culprit, not the manager.
Truthfully I am editing my answer based on finding this:
But the August 1989 revision of its Associate Handbook adds this language: "Wal-Mart strongly believes and supports the 'family unit.' A dating relationship between a married associate and another associate, other than his or her own spouse, is not consistent with this belief and is prohibited."
However they have been sued SEVERAL times by the government regarding this policy and lost each time.

ETA: They still apparently have this policy however.

Last edited:

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Your husband and you are still currently living together probably more because you have been married so long that you've tied your life into him and you don't know how to let him go...you don't want to be stuck raising the 3 kids on your own, with minimal income.
This is exactly it. She can't lash out at her husband because it will cost her too much. She's lashing out at the only other person she can--the other woman who, it's safe to assume, isn't exactly rich, so we move on to...Wal-Mart. Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Stop trying to make other people pay the bill for your husband's infidelity. That goes on his tab.

lookatmystealth

A simple no would have been just fine but you people make me feel worse about this than I already do so ...thanks everyone for being so nice and helpful!

to clear a few things up.... i'm a nurse and make plenty of money my self thank u. i have stayed with my husband because i love him, maybe i'm the stupid one fine great i know...you don't have to type such nasty comments whatever you can think up i have thought of things 10 times worse believe me!

yes my husband did this but his manager also knew he was married she could have said no just as easily as he could have....and yes if not her then someone else...i know...i know!

i came on her looking for answers not to make myself feel worse about the situation. Maybe you all could think before you type something hurtful knowing the reason someone is asking a question here is because it's the worst thing that has ever happened to them and they don't know what else to do. :(

penelope10

You would have to prove that Walmart had knowledge that this relationship was going on and that they had a policy against supervisors and insubordinates becoming involved. This woman may not even get fired for her behavior, but may simply written up for her indiscretion with your spouse. (If this is the first time that it has happened).

Worst case scenario both parties get fired as they both are responsible for their actions. I doubt that your husband was threatened with the loss of his job if he didn't cooperate with his supervisor. This is what is known as a work place romance.

Best to get your ducks in a row and move on with your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">