• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I take my appiance's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

armin88

What is the name of your state (Florida)?

Lost my home in a foreclosure,I gotta move soon.Can I take or sell all the appliance in the house?

May sound like a stupid question but in some states your not allow,I don't know what Florida laws says or states on this issue.

Thanks

LdiJ

Lost my home in a foreclosure,I gotta move soon.Can I take or sell all the appliance in the house?

May sound like a stupid question but in some states your not allow,I don't know what Florida laws says or states on this issue.

Thanks
Unless they are built in, I don't know of any state that prohibits you from taking your appliances. Its common practice in many areas to leave the appliances with the house when you sell it, but its not required.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

Thanks
Were these appliances installed by you or by the homebuilder?

Theft in foreclosed homes is on the rise, according to a report from NBC's Kerry Sanders, who said that more disgruntled and broke homeowners across the country are selling off appliances and furnishings before the banks make them move. One woman in Miami-Dade County plans to sell every last item in her foreclosed home -- including the stove and toilet -- because she says she needs the money to pay bills. While this activity is illegal, Sanders said that many banks are having a hard time prosecuting offenders. But John Courson, CEO of the Mortgage Bankers Association, said that more cases could soon be prosecuted. "The more prevalent this becomes the more aggressive services are going to have to become to protect the property," Courson said.
Foreclosed homeowners steal appliances before moving out | The Real Deal | New York Real Estate News

The following items are assets, fixtures that should not be removed from a home that is in foreclosure:

• Cabinets and counter tops
  • Appliances such as stoves, built-in microwaves, dishwashers, etc.
  • Furnaces and air conditioning units
  • Plumbing and copper pipes
  • Romex or other electrical wiring
  • Light fixtures and ceiling fans
  • Doors and hardware
  • Flooring, ceilings and walls
  • Windows and vents
  • Medicine cabinets, sinks, tubs, toilets and showers
  • Sink drains and faucets
  • Built-in shelving / bookcases
  • Landscaping, fencing, built-in pools and spas
After Foreclosure and Stripping Houses - What Stays With House After Foreclosure

justalayman

in other words: fixtures or the actual structure of the home.

Prosecuting a person is nearly impossible. One cannot steal from ones self and until title transfers, it belongs to the homeowner. The only recourse I can see is the whatever claim the lender has as a loss in the difference between amount owed and the amount realized from the auction.

justalayman

in other words: fixtures or the actual structure of the home.

Prosecuting a person is nearly impossible. One cannot steal from ones self

**A: what if the person has a split personality?
well, I'm not sure. but even if it is possible, do you incarcerate the criminal at the expense of also incarcerating the victim? or do you let the criminal go because it is not permissible to incarcerate an person not convicted (the victim)? both would be an injustice.

armin88

All appliance's I bought not to long after I bought the house.I also did installed ceiling fans as well.I ask because I was told by a realtor one time that I couldn't sell my appliance's so I ask.

ecmst12

Ceiling fans and anything permanently installed/attached to the house has to stay. Freely moveable appliances can be taken. For example if you have a microwave built in to your cabinetry/range hood, you have to leave it. If it's just sitting on the counter, you can take it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">