• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I tell others what happened?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whittibo

What is the name of your state? California

Hello.. I have been having neighbor problems, of which I have posted here about.. but what I want to know is.. can I tell others (friends / neighbors and/or the news media) what has happened.. and his past history?

I obtained his criminal records from the county superior court, they are public information.. but I am afraid that telling/warning others about him might be considered libel/slander?!

I have also turned my story over to various news media.. something has to be done to stop criminals from intimidating others and just getting away with it. he has a history of battery on peace officers.. 2 in the past, 1 more just added a couple weeks ago.. also grand theft, DUI's, breaking and entering.. etc.. etc.. so if I want to warn my neighbors to keep their houses locked and to call the sheriff's if they witness anything.. can he bring a suit against me..

just today alone, my husband talked with two neighbors who were asking our opinion of these people because they had witnessed curious behavior.. and I got a 3rd call from another neighbor who has seen similar activity.. I was afraid to tell her what all has gone on!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">