• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can mom ignore my phone calls and Text's?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

In this situation the OP knew a drug was Rx. Good point though...recommend only 1 pharmacy be used unless the insurance ties them all in so that interactions would be noted by the 2nd pharmacist.

The compulsion to have to do something can lead to serious drug interactions and side effects. I read all my inserts, something 99% don't do. And if the OP takes the child to a Dr he should ask "what meds are she on now" .. the answer should be "I don't know, my X and I don't communicate well". The Dr may be able to chk prior to giving a Rx.There are deaths every year due to drug interactions. Just something to be aware of.
This is the only practical suggestion you have given so far.

TexasDad75

I never know 100% because she changes her answers. I don't even like to ask her because I feel as parents, the ex and I should at least be able to speak back and forth as far as our child goes. I never text her until it's my Friday to let her know if it will be me picking her up or if I have to work late it will be my mother. And in cases like this. Where she is sick. I know in my papers it say's we are not allowed to withhold medical information but I guess that does not mean instances like this? More so billing and diagnosis? She may have taken the meds when she was with her but I am positive she didn't finish them because if she had I should have gotten them this past weekend for my house and she would of had her last dose today.

Isis1

I never know 100% because she changes her answers. I don't even like to ask her because I feel as parents, the ex and I should at least be able to speak back and forth as far as our child goes. I never text her until it's my Friday to let her know if it will be me picking her up or if I have to work late it will be my mother. And in cases like this. Where she is sick. I know in my papers it say's we are not allowed to withhold medical information but I guess that does not mean instances like this? More so billing and diagnosis? She may have taken the meds when she was with her but I am positive she didn't finish them because if she had I should have gotten them this past weekend for my house and she would of had her last dose today.
then the prescription issue is a moot point. unless she is still sick on her next visitation with you, you have no further issue at this venture. next time, be more proactive.

TexasDad75

Another question.. How long can a case stay open or 'temporary" our case has been "open" since 09.. And what does 'Temporary orders on notice to show cause" mean??

Isis1

Another question.. How long can a case stay open or 'temporary" our case has been "open" since 09.. And what does 'Temporary orders on notice to show cause" mean??
until the child is 18 or either one of you files a motion to dismiss that is granted by the judge.

and temp order stemming from the notice to show cause. which is usually what the judge decides on in the last heard hearing.

then the prescription issue is a moot point. unless she is still sick on her next visitation with you, you have no further issue at this venture. next time, be more proactive.
I agree ... if the X is a non-communicator regarding these things then the only one left to talk to in respect to any investigation is your kid as useful or conflicting as it may be.

You should educate the X about OTCs and the need to communicate any medications provided to the child since your last visit. Some OTCs have conflicts with others. Just so you are aware & your X has been told.

Your X has put your child in a bad spot, that's for sure. Good luck.

Isis1

I agree ... if the X is a non-communicator regarding these things then the only one left to talk to in respect to any investigation is your kid as useful or conflicting as it may be.

OP, using your child in this game is harmful to the child. please. if you have any honor at all, pay absolutely NO HEED to this poster's advice. EVERY parenting class, every therapist, every GAL abhors putting the child in this situation. be the better parent to the end.

You should educate the X about OTCs and the need to communicate any medications provided to the child since your last visit. Some OTCs have conflicts with others. Just so you are aware & your X has been told.
there are not enough eyerollies on the internet to depict what this really says. if the ex isn't going to communicate with you about meds, she sure as hell isn't going to listen to you "educate" her about it. she will hang up on you. thus adding more fuel to the fire. leave her alone. some people enjoy being stupid about things. perfect example. the ex i deal with. he will just nod his head and say "sure". then do the exact opposite. she doesn't care. the more you talk, the less she will care.

Your X has put your child in a bad spot, that's for sure. Good luck.
OP, don't be the hard place. mom wants to be the rock, that's fine. be the mattress. the cotton candy. you don't have to play that game. and the child will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">