• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my court date be cancelled?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Is your kid's name Davie?

(Enasni - someone made that connection on another thread, I think.)

S

seniorjudge

Jbrannen205 said:
oh.... no.... its not Davie :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Pay no attention to ENSANI. She fell out of a mimosa tree at a young age (yesterday) and has not been right since.

ENASNI

oops

seniorjudge said:
Pay no attention to ENSANI. She fell out of a mimosa tree at a young age (yesterday) and has not been right since.
Gee... was that only yesterday?? :eek:

Sorry seeing double..

my head hurts.
Sorry original poster.

Gracie3787

Jbrannen205 said:
Update: DHR is sending me a written letter saying i don't have to appear. guess that should be enough? I HOPE :eek:

PLEASE- For your own sake, please learn something that my husband learned the hard way:

Do NOT trust ANYONE that is within the "system", this includes DHR, their attorney, your ex, etc!

Unless you recieve WRITTEN NOTICE from the JUDGE'S OFFICE, or THE COURT CLERK, that the hearing has been CANCELLED- you better be in court, because all those others- DHR, exs, their attornies, etc. have no qualms about telling you a LIE, and then having YOU PAY FOR THEIR LIE!

I hope this is straight forward enough to get through to you that you NEED to go.

Gracie :)

S

seniorjudge

Gracie3787 said:
PLEASE- For your own sake, please learn something that my husband learned the hard way:

Do NOT trust ANYONE that is within the "system", this includes DHR, their attorney, your ex, etc!

Unless you recieve WRITTEN NOTICE from the JUDGE'S OFFICE, or THE COURT CLERK, that the hearing has been CANCELLED- you better be in court, because all those others- DHR, exs, their attornies, etc. have no qualms about telling you a LIE, and then having YOU PAY FOR THEIR LIE!

I hope this is straight forward enough to get through to you that you NEED to go.

Gracie :)
Thanks, Gracie.

We tried to tell him that.

OK, lets say I do go. Would it be "appropriate" to just waltz right up to the judge when court first starts and tell him the "there was some confusion over whether i actually have to be here, can you tell me if i can leave or not?"

...rather than just sitting there for hours wondering? see what i mean? i don't want to cause a scene though, but i also don't want to just sit there until high noon not knowing

Last edited:
S

seniorjudge

Jbrannen205 said:
OK, lets say I do go. Would it be "appropriate" to just waltz right up to the judge when court first starts and tell him the "there was some confusion over whether i actually have to be here, can you tell me if i can leave or not?"

...rather than just sitting there for hours wondering? see what i mean?
When you get there, ask someone who the clerk is. When you find out who the clerk is, ask her if your case is on the docket.

i called the clerk, and my case is going to be on the docket she said...

but when i talked to the states attorney he said that he would put it on the docket that i didnt have to be there.

they said they cant take my name off the docket, but i could call the day after court and find out what happened in my case. and they couldn't tell me anything till then

can i ask the clerk when i get there if i have to stay? can i tell her the states attorney said i didn't have to go, but i didn't have it in writing so i wanted to come be sure? would she/he be able to answer that?

tigger22472

Jbrannen205 said:
i called the clerk, and my case is going to be on the docket she said...

but when i talked to the states attorney he said that he would put it on the docket that i didnt have to be there.

they said they cant take my name off the docket, but i could call the day after court and find out what happened in my case. and they couldn't tell me anything till then

can i ask the clerk when i get there if i have to stay? can i tell her the states attorney said i didn't have to go, but i didn't have it in writing so i wanted to come be sure? would she/he be able to answer that?

What is your problem with going to court? First it was because it's two hours away and now you'll go but you'll just turn around and leave. If it's on the docket you SHOULD be there... I don't care if they told you that you needed to be there or not. There is a court proceeding going on WITH YOUR NAME ATTACHED TO IT!! Why do you not care to know that the judge is made very well aware that you are current on your payments? My children were adopted.. I tured all the paperwork over to CSE to show them this and that the current support order ended and it became an arrears only case... that didn't make it's way to the judge and my ex was forced to pay more then he should of been because of this.... the only way to make sure everything is done right is to be there...

My problem with going to court is that it sucks to sit in a room full of beaurocrats in a very crowded room for hours on end. It's like being at your own funeral. There i said it.

but i figure if i HAVE to go, that at least i may not have to stick around for long if i can just go ask the clerk if I'm Okay to leave.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Jbrannen205 said:
My problem with going to court is that it sucks to sit in a room full of beaurocrats in a very crowded room for hours on end. It's like being at your own funeral. There i said it.

but i figure if i HAVE to go, that at least i may not have to stick around for long if i can just go ask the clerk if I'm Okay to leave.
You know what? I think you should just forget about it. If they really wanted you there, they'll come and find you later. :rolleyes: Then you'll have plenty of time to sit and think 'cause your a$$ will be sitting in a jail cell.

S

seniorjudge

My problem with going to court is that it sucks to sit in a room full of beaurocrats in a very crowded room for hours on end. It's like being at your own funeral.

I must say I certainly can understand that attitude!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">