• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can plaintif get my business funds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

good things

What is the name of your state California

I recently closed my small business after 32 years and managed to sock away some cash.
I started my business in 1976 and got married in 1990.
I have always been the only owner on this account, and am still sole owner/proprietor of the online business.

My husband is being hammered by a malicious civil suit, and my question is: Can the plaintif get hold of my money even though it is under my company name, my husband and I naver co-mingled these funds, he is not a signer on the account, and I have had the same account (number) at the same bank since 1976.

The mediation is looming and I sure could use some advice.

Thank you!

Antigone*

What is the name of your state California

I recently closed my small business after 32 years and managed to sock away some cash.
I started my business in 1976 and got married in 1990.
I have always been the only owner on this account, and am still sole owner/proprietor of the online business.

My husband is being hammered by a malicious civil suit, and my question is: Can the plaintif get hold of my money even though it is under my company name, my husband and I naver co-mingled these funds, he is not a signer on the account, and I have had the same account (number) at the same bank since 1976.

The mediation is looming and I sure could use some advice.

Thank you!
What is yours is his; and what is his is yours - that includes the debt.

You should have incorporated to completely separate the business from the personal.

Rexlan

Not now ... that is a fraudulent transfer. Hiding assets to avoid litigation won't work. If this were possible then there would never be any settlement ... we could just play hide with the assets to make it go away ... doesn't work that way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">