• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can someone please help me with this question, I need help Thanks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hat

What is the name of your state? FL

Yesterday I received from bank a warranty deed in lieu of foreclosure but there is a statement on there that I don't know how to answer. It reads

"THE GRANTORS further warrants and represents that the property conveyed herein is not the homestead of said Grantors, but instead Grantors' homestead is located at ___"

Problem is that we don't own any homestead. We are living with our children and the house that was included in bankruptcy and now foreclosure was our homestead until we defaulted and moved. What do I put in this deed and since we don't own any other property will this prevent us from being able to do the deed in lieu? I want to send these documents back to the bank today if I can find a notary so if someone can tell me what to put in this paragraph today (Saturday) I would certainly appreciate it.

Ladynred

It the blank on the form requesting your current address or is it filled in ?

If you don't live on the property, it cannot be your homestead.

hat

Response

It is a blank for me to put the address. Do you have to own the property for it to be homestead or is homestead just where you live whether you own or not. We are living with our daughter and she owns the house. I just don't know what to put in the blank since it asks for the address of my current homestead. I thank you so much for helping me. I went today and had the papers notarized so they are ready to mail as soon as I know what to put on the blank. I was sure shocked that the bank was willing to take a Deed in Lieu vs foreclosure because it seems I have read that Deeds are not easy to get.

Ladynred

A homestead usually means you own the property and it is your primary residence. If you don't currently own the property that is your primary residence, I would just put down your current address and perhaps note that you are 'renting', that should be clear enough for them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">