• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can support orders be switched states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Reqless607

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana/North Dakota
I live in the state of Montana and have for 9 years my ex also lived in Montana for 7 years until she recently took off with the kids to Missouri a couple months ago without notice (she moves frequently but usually just towns and address) before that we lived in North Dakota before separating. A child support order was ordered in ND but she only lived there for a year then moved back to Montana. Having the order in that state has been a thorn in my spine ever since, Montana has to get it from them, they take my money without communicating with Montana, which even Montana gets mad at and its just a big hassle.
Now I am about to go to the final divorce hearing and am having problems with MT CSED with stuff including not wanting to enforce an already court ordered paternity test saying they dont have jurisdiction on the order ect because its in ND. I have asked my lawyer but I am waiting for her to respond but until then I just wanted to know,
can child support orders be changed from states ND to MT since neither of have lived there in almost a decade and I have had the same address in MT since?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">