• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you help me read between the lines?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cushie

What is the name of your state? WA

I was due to hear a decision on my SSSI today. Called and my examiner was busy so I spoke with a secretary (?). She said just yesterday the papers were printed and I should have my answer within a week.

Anyone know anything about these papers that were printed???

Thanks in advance!

seniorjudge

Q: Anyone know anything about these papers that were printed???

A: No, but when you get them, post back with questions.

Did you go to the hearing level with you SSI claim for disability benefits? If so, the papers should be the dicision and if this is the case, the paperwork will entail what is due to you and when they decided you became disabled.

45Frank

I don't know but when I had my hearing that I waited three years for all amounts and dates of disability were already figured, my attorney and I found a mistake but he stated wait until you are approved, it would be about a $90.00 per month difference, some of my years are missing on the SS print out of work history.
How did you get an exact date of when they would make a decision?
I really would like to know since I've been waiting for sometime now?

AWorkOfArt said:
Did you go to the hearing level with you SSI claim for disability benefits? If so, the papers should be the dicision and if this is the case, the paperwork will entail what is due to you and when they decided you became disabled.

To answer this, "How did you get an exact date of when they would make a decision?" If you went to a fair hearing a decision was made than, at your fair hearing. I think your waiting for the decision to be put on paper. Once the judge puts his signature on it, that's it. SS will enforce the ruling and start sending you payment. You're waiting on bureaucracy and red-tape that is put in place to discourage. You mentioned the secratary said it was in the mail.

Cushie

No hearing, I'm at the first stages right now. Found out yesterday that a decision was made on 10/27 however Quality Review picked it up, thus delaying my claim even further. UGH.

Anyone know how long Quality Review takes? Does it pick up certain types of claims (ie, those that are not approved)? This is a nightmare. We're so broke we can't afford groceries and SS is taking their sweet time on this.

Quality Review can take anywhere from a week to a month depending on what they find. Reviewing case's are picked at random there is no type of case that is choosen over another. QA is to ensure everyone is determining case's per policy and claims are not denied or approved in error.

45Frank

What is a fair hearing decision. Is that the same as the hearing with the ALJ that I waited three years for. My attorney says that if the ALJ rules in your favor it then goes to the appellate div. for review. Again how did you get to call someone and find out the decision. And who did you call?

AWorkOfArt said:
To answer this, "How did you get an exact date of when they would make a decision?" If you went to a fair hearing a decision was made than, at your fair hearing. I think your waiting for the decision to be put on paper. Once the judge puts his signature on it, that's it. SS will enforce the ruling and start sending you payment. You're waiting on bureaucracy and red-tape that is put in place to discourage. You mentioned the secratary said it was in the mail.

tigger22472

Cushie said:
No hearing, I'm at the first stages right now. Found out yesterday that a decision was made on 10/27 however Quality Review picked it up, thus delaying my claim even further. UGH.

Anyone know how long Quality Review takes? Does it pick up certain types of claims (ie, those that are not approved)? This is a nightmare. We're so broke we can't afford groceries and SS is taking their sweet time on this.

No offense but if you are in the first stages of a SS decision you need to find a little patience. ESPECIALLY because I have been told that 99% of claim picked up by Quality Review are already approved and they are just being checked to make sure everything was done correctly. My point is that it sounds as if you were likely approved and again if you are in the first stage you're VERY VERY lucky. SS is like the military... "hurry up and wait."

Last edited:

Cushie

Frank, I just called the 1-800-772-1213 number (main number) and asked.

I know I'm running out of patience. We're hanging on a financial thread here so this is very important, like it is to many people. I'll try and be patient.

45Frank

Thanks I'll try the number. I've been tring SS webside but it said the same thing for 3 years now.
It's very frustrating, I've been waiting three years nov. I've had to sell my home I build for my kids and I and the X before she was the X. After getting sick she flew the coop, I planned on living in that house for ever, but. I am a single dad with two small kids, only income I've had is selling my house and thats been gone for a year now.
I see no reason for it to take so long, even after the hearing I know the Judge doesn't spend a year reading my records. I talked to gentlemen who basically answered the doors and set up the camera's at my hearing and he told me he gets there at 8:30 and is home by noon, he stated he rarely does more then 2 hearing per day.

Cushie said:
Frank, I just called the 1-800-772-1213 number (main number) and asked.

I know I'm running out of patience. We're hanging on a financial thread here so this is very important, like it is to many people. I'll try and be patient.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">