• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you sue IRS for the recent hack?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davew128

I am 65 years old and a Vietnam War veteran
Well THATS really relevant.

and believe me I know a thing or two about our Government, the Veterans Administration and on and on. Ok, for your benefit lets not use the word hack...Let's call it an invasion of privacy, or how about a unauthorized viewing of personal information, or an unlawful entry, let me see does a security lapse sound right? How about a breech of trust? You can tell me all day long what it isn't. I know first hand now what it is and I choose the word Bull****. The IRS is mandated by Congress to collect financial information for each and every wage earning individual in the United States. It is also sworn to keep such information personal, secure and private. The IRS failed me in this through no fault of my own. A lawsuit against them is futile I'm certain but, how about all the time I have to spend attempting to re-secure all of my financial records because of their screw-up? I guess that's just a pat on the back and a sorry bout that huh? Next time a person buys a skeleton key from someone else and uses it to come into your locked home and rummages through all of your personal papers please don't complain or file a report...it's only something they already had to gain access. But alas, I seem to hear a faint swooshing sound over someones pointy precipice.
I think you hear a lot of things, most of them imaginary. Let me use smaller words so that perhaps you can keep up: YOUR FINANCIAL RECORDS HAD ALREADY BEEN STOLEN ELSEWHERE. How do I know this? Because that's the method the crooks used to gain access to your IRS transcripts online. Until you grasp this 12th level concept, please remain quiet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">