• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancelled Membership, still getting charged & products

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K-carie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Michigan
Ordered a supplement online that automatically renewed your order unless you cancelled. I cancelled on 2-21, well within the time frame. I received a shipment and charge on 3-21. Spoke to the company who said charges would be reversed and no further obligation on my part.
Charges are not being reversed. Now they say to ship the item back, at my expense.
Can I legally keep the item and get a charge reversed if I did not order the product?

justalayman

did you cancel the contract per the stated terms? Do you have any proof?

you said:

I received a shipment and charge on 3-21.
explain: charge

are you speaking about a credit card, debit card, something else?

tranquility

No. You don't get to use the product. Period. Put it in a safe place or you will have to pay for it.

I'd contact the company and explain the problem in writing. Offer to return the product if they pay the shipping. (Renew your cancellation in writing as well.) Tell them you cancelled before the date demanded and they sent the product anyway so you will not pay for shipping. While it is not entirely clear you are not responsible for the shipping under the facts, that's the position I'd start with.

See how they respond.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">