• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cancelled order but no refund???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

suckered

greetings, first post here.
I recently ordered an item from a computer refurb company through Paypal on 1/5/16. I then discover negative reports (Ripoffreport/consumer fraudreport)etc. I quickly cancel the order by phone which was accepted (verbally) two hours after purchase. I also email the cancellation as well. Two days later 1/7/16, I receive notification that the item has been shipped. I notify the company of their mistake and they respond with an apology and a promise to recall the item on route back to their warehouse and they would notify me of my refund within the hour. Two days later the package is delivered to my address and still no refund. I notify the company rep and he apologizes again, sends a return shipping slip and I ship back unopened box and notify them with a Fedex tracking # and request a 4th time for my refund. This I email to both the company manager and head of company. It is now more than a week later since the initial purchase/cancellation, and I still haven't received any further response or refund. The complaints about these guys is that they just recycle used stuff without "refurbing" any parts, send the wrong items, or none at all, charge cancellation fees, restock fees, and return shipping fees. Any advice the next most effective course of action would be appreciated. thanks

LdiJ

greetings, first post here.
I recently ordered an item from a computer refurb company through Paypal on 1/5/16. I then discover negative reports (Ripoffreport/consumer fraudreport)etc. I quickly cancel the order by phone which was accepted (verbally) two hours after purchase. I also email the cancellation as well. Two days later 1/7/16, I receive notification that the item has been shipped. I notify the company of their mistake and they respond with an apology and a promise to recall the item on route back to their warehouse and they would notify me of my refund within the hour. Two days later the package is delivered to my address and still no refund. I notify the company rep and he apologizes again, sends a return shipping slip and I ship back unopened box and notify them with a Fedex tracking # and request a 4th time for my refund. This I email to both the company manager and head of company. It is now more than a week later since the initial purchase/cancellation, and I still haven't received any further response or refund. The complaints about these guys is that they just recycle used stuff without "refurbing" any parts, send the wrong items, or none at all, charge cancellation fees, restock fees, and return shipping fees. Any advice the next most effective course of action would be appreciated. thanks
Put a dispute through with Paypal.

suckered

do they have a legal time frame to refund me?
Can they require item to be delivered to their warehouse before refunding? Shipping was their error.

quincy

do they have a legal time frame to refund me?
Can they require item to be delivered to their warehouse before refunding? Shipping was their error.
First, your order, your cancellation, the request for a refund, their acknowledgment, the shipping, the return shipping and your latest request for a refund has all happened within the space of 10 days. Give the company some time to catch up. And do as LdiJ suggested - file a dispute with PayPal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">