• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

canine contraversy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jamiimaj

What is the name of your state?California
Probably a stupid question but I'm hoping to be surprised...rental agreement says no pets w/out written permission...tennant accidentally gets a dog...any legal loopholes that might allow the tennant to continue residency with a heartfelt apology and a small fine? (Dog and tennant are now a package deal) Thanks for any advice.

justalayman

accidently gets a dog? how do you accidently get a dog. Was it like . I was walking down the street and I accidently got this dog stuck to my foot and I can't get him off so now what? Kind of thing?

If they hang out the , must have written permission, phrase, presumably dogs may be alllowed under certain circumstances. Ask the landlord,,,,, if you get written permission, you get to keep the dog. If you don't the dog becomes fertilizer. (If you plan on staying there)

ENASNI

jamiimaj said:
What is the name of your state?California
Probably a stupid question but I'm hoping to be surprised...rental agreement says no pets w/out written permission...tennant accidentally gets a dog...any legal loopholes that might allow the tennant to continue residency with a heartfelt apology and a small fine? (Dog and tennant are now a package deal) Thanks for any advice.
Unless you are disabled, there is no statute at this time that will give you a legal loophole, but people are trying to get theraputic animals in.

http://www.sfaa.org/magazine/archives/01/0401/0401.snitow.html

You need to talk with your landlord, might have to pay a pet deposit or pay pet rent, or get a notice to leave for breaching the lease/rental agreement.
Landlords do not like it when you sneak pets in, and it really depends on the size and breed of the dog as well.

If you and your Dog are so inseperable, start looking now for a place that takes pets, it is a hard thing to do, but not impossible.

I kindof know how you can "accidently" acquire a dog, but it was funny how you put it. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">