• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cant afford a lawyer, what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

Ex wife and I have joint custody of our children(she has 1 and I have 1). Anyway, recently (about 2 weeks ago) she moved to another city in Texas, but she did not send me an address and I do not have contact information (no phone, no cell, nothing). If either of us changes contact information we are supposed to let the other party know with 10 days (again it has been 2 weeks). I have been told I should file contempt of court charges against her, but the old catch 22 is I dont have any contact information and I dont have money for a lawyer. All I know is the name of the city and it has about 2000 people. Any suggestions, as I am supposed to pay her child support? Have been told to keep it and wait until she comes yelling for it or send it to previous address in hopes that she left a forwarding address. Only problem I have with that is if I send it to previous address and someone else deposits it in their account then she says I did not send one and she wants one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">