• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cant agree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curlyerin

My boyfriend and I have 2 young children. We plan on making out our wills soon, but we cant agree on who should have custody of our children. If we both were to pass away together, and we each had different people stated in our wills to care for the children, what will happen? We live in CT.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
curlyerin said:
My boyfriend and I have 2 young children. We plan on making out our wills soon, but we cant agree on who should have custody of our children. If we both were to pass away together, and we each had different people stated in our wills to care for the children, what will happen? We live in CT.
Children cannot be willed. They are not property. You can make your wishes known and if the people you name are in agreement then the state could -- note the COULD -- appoint them the children's guardians. If you disagree and pass away together, the state would decide completely what is in the best interest of the children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">