• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can’t figure this out - home inspections every year?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JEA0409

Sorry…..it is my daughter, shes 11. I was just wondering what it could be about Since I’ve never heard of someone having home inspections like this before, let alone one every 6 months or so. I’m not interested in making an issue out it with my ex or anything like that. Simply curious. Nothing more than that.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Thinking back, my ex was kind of a neat freak and would go through a "cleaning frenzy"(*) every six months or so - I could see him telling the kids it was for some such reason if they lived with him.

(*) Literally attic to basement in one day. It was horrible.

FarmerJ

The landlord can conduct inspections when thats the sole reason to be there and in many places must give proper notice to enter. In Section 8 programs most of the time its all about documenting repairs needed and getting enough notice to the landlord to complete such repairs and when a landlord wont comply then S8 begins to do abatement ( holding the contracted payment by the program back ) , for the most part S8 leaves cleanliness issues or other so called lease violations to be dealt with by the landlord and stays out of such matters . If the tenants rent is reduced by another type of program such as when a landlord has rents that are lower because of special contracted terms in its mortgage to keep rents reduced then its more likely the landlord them self conducts the inspections.

quincy

This thread is from 2022. Please do not revive old threads. Thank you.

Your post has been reported for moderator review.
When my son's mother had to clean the apartment, it was usually because CPS was coming and she had to make it look presentable. Somehow, she always put on a good act when it came time for legalities and once case was closed, house was unlivable again. Plus, now that my son is 12 years old, I see him up at 4am on school days, sleeping all evening. His eating habits are horrible over there. He comes over every other week, but sometimes longer and when it's longer, his fingernails and toenails are longer than hers! Somehow, I still think court would be pointless and I just go with the flow that she controls because she puts on such a good show for the right people and my long-ago history is worse than hers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">