• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't we all just get along

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? all states

Why fight, play games, seek revenge....whatever your little heart desire. The end result, is that the children are effected by the actions of their parents. It's bad enough the child have to deal with the fact that thier parents are no longer together, were never together, or just bed buddies for one night. Whatever the pleasure was that brought about the CHILD(s) in question, PARENTS, please put your children need first!! Now I clearly see what God has been teach of humans from the begining of time, "NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE" and if married "DO NOT DIVORCE UNLESS YOUR SPOUSE COMMITTED AN ADULTEROUS ACT.

I'm done, I just had to express my thoughts because reading these thread make to want to wring somebody's neck!

Thanks

Proserpina

Why fight, play games, seek revenge....whatever your little heart desire. The end result, is that the children are effected by the actions of their parents. It's bad enough the child have to deal with the fact that thier parents are no longer together, were never together, or just bed buddies for one night. Whatever the pleasure was that brought about the CHILD(s) in question, PARENTS, please put your children need first!! Now I clearly see what God has been teach of humans from the begining of time, "NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE" and if married "DO NOT DIVORCE UNLESS YOUR SPOUSE COMMITTED AN ADULTEROUS ACT.

I'm done, I just had to express my thoughts because reading these thread make to want to wring somebody's neck!

Thanks
Hon, this isn't that type of forum...it's not a blog site. Believe me, most of us here - specially those who have been here a wee while - get it.

BlondiePB

Thanks
Wow, and I thought this was going to be one of them there Senior bashing threads. :eek:

Hon, this isn't that type of forum...it's not a blog site. Believe me, most of us here - specially those who have been here a wee while - get it.
Well apparently not because so many of these people come here venting as well with thier pretty games and whinning....but hey, thought I would share my thoughts..anyway

BlondiePB

Well apparently not because so many of these people come here venting as well with thier pretty games and whinning....but hey, thought I would share my thoughts..anyway
Most of them can't see the forest thru the trees 'cause all they can see is...me, me, me, me, me, me!!

P.S. All you that regularly post here, my hat's off to y'all.

ecmst12

Yeah, because NONE of the people posting here were married before they had kids....

And married people never fight and use their children as pawns, only divorced people....

I've seen what kids raised in an unhealthy marriage are like. They have no idea what a healthy relationship looks like and are pretty much doomed in that arena. A healthy divorce is much better for children then an unhealthy marriage. Heck even if the divorced parents can't stop fighting, at least their kids KNOW this isn't what marriage is supposed to look like.

Proserpina

Yeah, because NONE of the people posting here were married before they had kids....

And married people never fight and use their children as pawns, only divorced people....

I've seen what kids raised in an unhealthy marriage are like. They have no idea what a healthy relationship looks like and are pretty much doomed in that arena. A healthy divorce is much better for children then an unhealthy marriage. Heck even if the divorced parents can't stop fighting, at least their kids KNOW this isn't what marriage is supposed to look like.
OH see now there you go again being all sensible and stuff...:cool:

Proserpina

And not that I want to start anything..but do you realize your first post basically advocates no divorce unless there's adultery?

So abuse is ok?

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

And not that I want to start anything..but do you realize your first post basically advocates no divorce unless there's adultery?

So abuse is ok?
If you follow that line of thinking, its the husband who can 'discipline' a wife who is disobedient... :rolleyes: (and by that line of thinking, I mean the general use of the Bible's stance on marriage.)

Not saying adultery is ok, cause its not.... but (wait for it) with counseling and a forgiving heart, you CAN overcome an affair (said can, not should, not will). HOWEVER, abuse, no matter the direction it comes from or goes to is NEVER OK!

ecmst12

Adultery is FAR from the worst thing that one spouse can do to another. In fact it's usually a SYMPTOM of something else lacking in the marriage, not the disease itself.

maryjo

Thanks

Oh dear God! I spent FAR too many years in an abusive relationship with a man who couldnt be faithful if his life depended on it. And I did it because I thought it was a sin to get divorced and I knew if I just waited and prayed long and hard enough God would change him and heal our marriage.

Guess what.

God was sitting back wondering when I was going to wise up and get the heck OUT! And still...I waited until he had used me as much as he could and threw me (and our son) away. He literally threw us out of the house right before our son's 7th birthday.

Getting divorced was...simply...the BEST thing that could have EVER happend to me and our son! There is no more daily fighting, drama, abuse. I feel better about myself now and that makes for a better mother. Its been three years and its taken time for both of us but me and kiddo are doing well and frankly, I dont think I would still be alive if I had stayed with that man any longer. Near the end I was seriously just wanting to die.

Divorce is NOT the end of the world. Not for the parents or the children. For most cases..its the beginning of a better life!

Now...I want to know where in the bible it says that GOD said no sex before marriage.

ecmst12

In biblical times, two people having sex were automatically considered married - so there WAS no sex before marriage, it wasn't possible. It wasn't until later, when marriage became this official legal thing, that matters became more complicated.

Isis1

In biblical times, two people having sex were automatically considered married - so there WAS no sex before marriage, it wasn't possible. It wasn't until later, when marriage became this official legal thing, that matters became more complicated.
oh see, then that would mean in biblical times i have , let's see....how many husbands....1..2..oh gee. ew. nevermind.

Just Blue

Thanks
Considering your absolutely selfish postings, I find this thread hypercritical and ridiculous.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">