• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car accident and upset

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

colorado46

What is the name of your state? new jersey
my husband was driven i was a passenger,another car was swerving a little,dont know the reason,passing the line, every few seconds.speeding, sometimes.when he was very close to us, my husband slowed to see who was driven and the car hit us in the front left side,brake the car,hit the curb.police came and asked my husband if he had the left signal on and tryng to turn,my husband said no,officer came to us three times to ask the same,if we stoppped or stopped to make a left turn.and we were hit.the other driver said was our fault.My husband is french and a senior.He doesnt speak inglish well, but the office took him apart and started making questions again about left turn, knowing my husband cant defend himsef well and told me to stay in the car and be quiet.I have full coverage but i have a sour taste and i feel upset and sad, either my husban.Please help me what i do if the police report say something against us???help me.

LSCAP

Don't get too upset.

Call the number you were given for reporting an accident to your company. They will take down your information.
A claims adjuster will call you. You will explain what happened.

The adjuster is on your side, and will try to help. He/she will tell you what you have to do. The adjuster will probably want a statement from your husband, and possibly from you.

He might even want you to tell him over the phone while he records it, so keep it clear in your mind. and relax.

Remember that it is easy when you are telling the simple truth.:)

colorado46

Don't get too upset.

Call the number you were given for reporting an accident to your company. They will take down your information.
A claims adjuster will call you. You will explain what happened.

The adjuster is on your side, and will try to help. He/she will tell you what you have to do. The adjuster will probably want a statement from your husband, and possibly from you.

He might even want you to tell him over the phone while he records it, so keep it clear in your mind. and relax.

Remember that it is easy when you are telling the simple truth.:)
thanks for your response,but if the police write the reporter like we were in fault, i mean in a different way, can i tell them right there or i have to take it the way it is??what rights i have regarding that?thank you

moburkes

While insurance companies will request a copy of the police report, they understand that the people who wrote the report (the police) were not witnesses to the accident, and only sorted out the information to the best of their abilities. You will be able to present your side.

colorado46

am here again,please help

:confused: :confused: after my accident,my car was determined total loss for the insurance co.i was told if i want to keep it and fix it,i said yes because the damaged is not big.Insurance is going to send me $ to me because the car is paid off.i have to reporte that money in my income tax,the taxes are included in the total amount, minus the $250 deductible.I live in nj.thank you

moburkes

:confused: :confused: after my accident,my car was determined total loss for the insurance co.i was told if i want to keep it and fix it,i said yes because the damaged is not big.Insurance is going to send me $ to me because the car is paid off.i have to reporte that money in my income tax,the taxes are included in the total amount, minus the $250 deductible.I live in nj.thank you

You said that you want help, but you haven't asked a question. If your question is about taxes, then start a thread in the tax forum. I don't think that you report it as income, but I'm not sure. And, please be sure to read the message before you post it to make sure that it makes sense. This one is kind of confusing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">