• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car not covered by lemon law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ithnkthr4iam360

What is the name of your state? New York

Bought a lemon that's not covered by the lemon law because it's over 100,000 miles. I've decided to sue them to try and get my money back, but now they're telling me it's "fixed." This is the third time they've told me it's fixed. It's a Ford Taurus, infamous for transmission problems. The tranny went and they replaced it three times and now they want me to pick it up. Since I'm going to take them to small claims court, I'm wondering ... should I pick the car up? Or should I leave it there and let the court decide if I have to keep it? :(

seniorjudge

ithnkthr4iam360 said:
What is the name of your state? New York

Bought a lemon that's not covered by the lemon law because it's over 100,000 miles. I've decided to sue them to try and get my money back, but now they're telling me it's "fixed." This is the third time they've told me it's fixed. It's a Ford Taurus, infamous for transmission problems. The tranny went and they replaced it three times and now they want me to pick it up. Since I'm going to take them to small claims court, I'm wondering ... should I pick the car up? Or should I leave it there and let the court decide if I have to keep it? :(
Do you want to risk storage charges?

I "heard" (ie cant substantitiate) that when Ford came out with the Taurus, rather than spend a lot of $ on R&D, they would put different versions of, say, the transmission in the car, and let their customers do the research for them.

Failed transmissions would be yanked and sent to the factory for analysis and the customer would be placated by a new tranny that might be better.

Wait! That would be WRONG! I must've heard wrong.

Anyway, I'm not 100% certain, but lemons are usually identifiable well before they reach 100,000 miles, especially chrysler products, which should come witjh a guarantee that they WILL break down within 3 years or 36k miles.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">