• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car towed while volunteering?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lanse72

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I volunteered three days of my time to transport dogs that were scheduled for euthanasia to New England. Before leaving one of the workers at the schedule told me that since the lot was beeing painted I better park it in the front lot. I found after returning that my car had been towed at the request of one of the shelter employees. After paying 75 dollars to get my car back i talked with the administrator at the shelter. She admitted that there had been some "miscommunication" but that the sheter had no "mechanism" in order to reimburse me for there "miscommunication". I first called them incompetent but apparently the administrator doesnt think miscommunication within her organization is incompetence. I guess my question is can you sue the state, since this is a state run organization? and since the administrator has admitted negligence, at least to me, do i have a small claims case? also if i can sue who do i sue the organization, the administrator or both?

thanks a LOT

color me red and call me a fire hydrandt

lanse72 said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

I volunteered three days of my time to transport dogs that were scheduled for euthanasia to New England. Before leaving one of the workers at the schedule told me that since the lot was beeing painted I better park it in the front lot. I found after returning that my car had been towed at the request of one of the shelter employees. After paying 75 dollars to get my car back i talked with the administrator at the shelter. She admitted that there had been some "miscommunication" but that the sheter had no "mechanism" in order to reimburse me for there "miscommunication". I first called them incompetent but apparently the administrator doesnt think miscommunication within her organization is incompetence. I guess my question is can you sue the state, since this is a state run organization? and since the administrator has admitted negligence, at least to me, do i have a small claims case? also if i can sue who do i sue the organization, the administrator or both?

thanks a LOT
Yoou are a sweetie and I am a joke around here but if anyone will pay attention to this post it is a good idea in my be-wigged head to bring it up!!( I am weaing Cher again I do Know why maybe it is the Sonny days, but it is dang hot!) Do NOT shave your cats my friends it is for their best to have thier hair..

ANYHOW I was thinking of you And I have a friend that had a car towed and Well. It is bull crappolla.

Just keep standing by your guns and they will pay or write your mayor, or your local news guy.

Are you with me kitties? get off my HAIR!!!

Miss Smith said:
Yoou are a sweetie and I am a joke around here but if anyone will pay attention to this post it is a good idea in my be-wigged head to bring it up!!( I am weaing Cher again I do Know why maybe it is the Sonny days, but it is dang hot!) Do NOT shave your cats my friends it is for their best to have thier hair..

ANYHOW I was thinking of you And I have a friend that had a car towed and Well. It is bull crappolla.

Just keep standing by your guns and they will pay or write your mayor, or your local news guy.

Are you with me kitties? get off my HAIR!!!
What the...

They are responsible and you should sue the employee who called the tow truck and the shelter. The court will decide which one pays.

racer72

You cannot sue any of the employees, they are protected from lawsuits by law. The shelter itself in protected by government immunity and you must be given permission to sue. Permission would come from the state agency that oversees the shelter. Permission would be a refusal by the agency to pay the claim. If your claim is denied, you many then proceed with your lawsuit.

lanse72

state agencY?

racer72 said:
You cannot sue any of the employees, they are protected from lawsuits by law. The shelter itself in protected by government immunity and you must be given permission to sue. Permission would come from the state agency that oversees the shelter. Permission would be a refusal by the agency to pay the claim. If your claim is denied, you many then proceed with your lawsuit.

the agency is Animal Care and Control of Indianapolis and I have already talked with the administrator there. She's the one that claimed there was no "mechanism" to reimburse me. The agency that oversees them is the Department of Public saftey. is this the agency I make a claim with? and if so, how does someone go about making a claim or where could I find this information?

thanks a lot your time is greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">