• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

caregiver business contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

draft34

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Myself and 2 friends of mine (Mitch and Meridith) want to start a new caregiver agency. Meridith and I are currently working for a caregiver agency. We've both signed agreements when we hired in that prevent us from soliciting our own clients while we are employed, and for a 6 month period after we quit our current employer or suffer legal consequences. We can however work for additional caregiver agencies. Mitch is not affiliated with the caregiver industry at all. What I want to do is set up a caregiver agency with Mitch as the sole owner. Meridith and I would work for Mitch building our company while keeping our current jobs. Meridith and I will leave our current agency when our new agency can sustain us. After 6 months Mitch would include Meridith and I as 1/3 owners. Would a contract like that be legal? Would it keep Meridith and I safe from our current caregiver company from seeking damages if they were to find out what we are doing?
Thanks

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Myself and 2 friends of mine (Mitch and Meridith) want to start a new caregiver agency. Meridith and I are currently working for a caregiver agency. We've both signed agreements when we hired in that prevent us from soliciting our own clients while we are employed, and for a 6 month period after we quit our current employer or suffer legal consequences. We can however work for additional caregiver agencies. Mitch is not affiliated with the caregiver industry at all. What I want to do is set up a caregiver agency with Mitch as the sole owner. Meridith and I would work for Mitch building our company while keeping our current jobs. Meridith and I will leave our current agency when our new agency can sustain us. After 6 months Mitch would include Meridith and I as 1/3 owners. Would a contract like that be legal? Would it keep Meridith and I safe from our current caregiver company from seeking damages if they were to find out what we are doing?
Thanks
**A: what class is this homework for?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">