• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Carwash damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Zigner, I'm only slightly hostile because you reused my words when you commented back, that's not the nicest way to respond. But i'll forgive you because you are on here trying to help. I'm glad I have someone on my side...

I just don't see how you can say the machine was functioning correctly when it damaged my car. Also when he offered the free car washes he said that he would take my car through to make sure it didn't happen again and said that the people that did it the first time weren't experts. He also responded by claiming if his machine did it, the damage would have been on all of the rims..I guess he knows the pattern of damage? Lastly, he told me he wasn't liable for the damage because there was a previous scratch on the rim that wasn't caused by his machine, the other scratch was small and in a completely different area. basically he was full of bs.

So I guess my certified letter is the next step and looking up the owners information at the county clerk?
I wish you luck. While you may have a case, I don't think it's nearly as clear cut as you (and others) may think it is.

justalayman

take it easy on the using your words thing. it is common to copy anothers post so as to be able to address it easily.

rthruska

That wasn't exactly what I was talking about. It was him reusing the "in my mind" that was a little inappropriate.

Zigner, I think you are right about it not being clear cut. That is what is so frustrating about this incident. In my mind it is obvious and in the manager's mind it is obvious (although he won't completely admit it). I'm going to try to get a measurement for the metal that made the scrape and if it lines up perfectly I think that would make a difference in presenting it in small claims.

You Are Guilty

The real problem with these types of cases is not "was there a malfunction" (at least, assuming the car wash employees were the ones to "load" the car into the track), it's "prove that your rims weren't damaged before you used our car wash".

Thanks to years of people trying to get car washes to pay for damages the wash didn't cause, most now put up a hell of a fight, even on legitimate cases. But if you can show that your rims were not scratched or curbed or dented, etc. before they went in (any recent photos maybe?), I think you have a pretty good shot in small claims.

Either way, good luck.

wyett717

If the track was malfunctioning, where are all the other customers complaining that there rims were damaged too? If other people using the wash that day had damage to their vehicles, you will have a better chance; if you were the only person, you are probably out of luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">