• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

case closed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deaglen

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Colorado

My question is what do you do if you were sentenced to 90 days in jail, For a probation revocation, you go to turn yourself in and they wont take you cause they say your case is closed? And you keep going back to turn yourself in for the next 3 days and they still wont except you, saying the same thing every time the case in closed. I've givin them the case numbers and everything.

seniorjudge

deaglen said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Colorado

My question is what do you do if you were sentenced to 90 days in jail, For a probation revocation, you go to turn yourself in and they wont take you cause they say your case is closed? And you keep going back to turn yourself in for the next 3 days and they still wont except you, saying the same thing every time the case in closed. I've givin them the case numbers and everything.
Go look at your case file in the court house.

If there is a written dismissal in there somewhere, ask the clerk for a certified copy of it.

Carry it with you at all times the rest of your life.

If someone tries to arrest you for that charge, show them the certified copy of the dismissal.

deaglen

i went to the court house the said its not closed, but they jail says it is, and they wont exept me. what do i do?

seniorjudge

deaglen said:
i went to the court house the said its not closed, but they jail says it is, and they wont exept me. what do i do?
Go to the same court where you were sentenced and tell the clerk your story.

Then ask the clerk when you can appear in front of the judge to tell the judge your story.

There is some bureaucratic mix up.

Make sure they know when to let you out!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">