• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case Got picked up by the EEOC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ThunderMan

Does anyone have an opinion or insight. I am surprised at the silence, I'm sure I am not the first in this situation. :confused:

janimal

Honestly, it doesn't appear to me, that you have much of a case. It sounds like your claim is based on one comment by the administrator that they were concerned about a lawsuit with another employee who happened to be of a different race. And that's just not enough to validate a claim of racial discrimination, in my opinion.

Barring any further evidence that your race was a factor, I would say your claim of racial discrimination won't go much further.

Assuming your termination followed the law (and it is legal to terminate an employee who is unavailable for work), I don't see this going very far with the EEOC. I would bet they would "investigate" - which likely means a year or so will go by, and then the EEOC will drop it and give you a right to sue letter. Then your only recourse would be to spend a lot of money to hire an attorney - with a weak case and very little chance at the big settlement you may be hoping for.

ThunderMan

thanks for the opinion

I wasn't looking for a big settlement. I would like to be given the money lost between discharge and finding employment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">