• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cash deposit over $10000.00

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spyr

I just sold my car for cash for $17000.00. I deposited all $17000.00 cash into my wachovia bank account in one transaction.

Do I need to report this to the IRS?
Is this type of cash transaction legal?

ABE

Antigone*

I just sold my car for cash for $17000.00. I deposited all $17000.00 cash into my wachovia bank account in one transaction.

Do I need to report this to the IRS?
Is this type of cash transaction legal?

ABE
The only people who need to be scare of this type of transaction are drug dealers and money launderers. Your bank reported the cash deposit to the IRS as a part of their legal reporting requirements, there is nothing illegal about what you did.

I will leave the answer to your first question to one of the tax professionals.

tranquility

How much did the car cost? How long ago? Did you use the car, in any way, for business? Did you ever deduct depreciation or mileage on the vehicle?

spyr

How much did the car cost? How long ago? Did you use the car, in any way, for business? Did you ever deduct depreciation or mileage on the vehicle?
I bought the car new for $21000.00 about 3 months ago. I did not use it for business, only personal use. The car had about 4000 miles on it.

davew128

Hmm, the last time someone had an issue with this, he was Client #9.

So Mr. Governor, are you engaging in any illegal activity involving prositution?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">