• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cashed check didn't know was fraudulent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

So for the companies workers comp insurance your housekeeper was an employee of your employer? If your housekeeper was injured while working at your house you think that same counsel would be happy about her filing a WC claim with your employer?
I paid for that.

What about unemployment insurance? Did your employer pay as they would with one of their own actual employees? Did you reimburse them for that? Did she file unemployment at any time that would have caused their account to be charged and if so, did you pay that back?
I paid for that...and would have paid for any claim.

I'm curious; what did they have her listed as regarding her position and duties?
None, employee benefit

Then you mention corporate. If incorporated with shareholders do you think the shareholders would be ok with it? How does anybody know you paid everything back?
Dude, accounting and payroll records.

So if the company shorted her pay do you think the company would be thrilled if she filed a wage claim with the dol?
If the company shorted her pay they would have been shorting mine and I would have been the one who placed a wage claim.

Yes, there is a lot wrong with what you did. I'm still not certain there wasn't something illegal involved but it's not the point of the thread I'm not going to get too deeply into it.
Its just got to be wrong because it does not fit into your view of how things are supposed to work...chuckle. Seriously, this was fully researched before it was done. It cost the company nothing, it cost the government nothing, it defrauded no one.

justalayman

I paid for that.

I paid for that...and would have paid for any claim.

None, employee benefit

Dude, accounting and payroll records.

If the company shorted her pay they would have been shorting mine and I would have been the one who placed a wage claim.

Its just got to be wrong because it does not fit into your view of how things are supposed to work...chuckle. Seriously, this was fully researched before it was done. It cost the company nothing, it cost the government nothing, it defrauded no one.
So you somehow calculated the cost of this single employee of the corporation regarding workers comp insurance and you repaid the company? Wow. No workers comp policy I have ever dealt with could be divided such that some specific portion was attributable to any given employee. It didn't change with every employee hired or fired but did change when employment reached specified thresholds.

Your statement that of they shorted housekeepers pay they would have shorted yours makes no sense. Your net income would have been greater if they shorter housekeeper because they wouldn't have deducted as much from your check. Regardless, in either case you couldn't have placed a wage claim if they shorter her pay. She was the employee they were not paying enough.

As to listing her as an employee benefit; if she was a benefit paid to you why were you repaying the company? But ignoring that, if she was not listed as an employee, then how did they generate a w2 for her?

Yes, there is a lot wrong with what was happening and the more you post the more it appears there was something illegal going on.

Last edited:

LdiJ

So you somehow calculated the cost of this single employee of the corporation regarding workers comp insurance and you repaid the company? Wow. No workers comp policy I have ever dealt with could be divided such that some specific portion was attributable to any given employee. It didn't change with every employee hired or fired but did change when employment reached specified thresholds.

Your statement that of they shorted housekeepers pay they would have shorted yours makes no sense. Your net income would have been greater if they shorter housekeeper because they wouldn't have deducted as much from your check. Regardless, in either case you couldn't have placed a wage claim if they shorter her pay. She was the employee they were not paying enough.

As to listing her as an employee benefit; if she was a benefit paid to you why were you repaying the company? But ignoring that, if she was not listed as an employee, then how did they generate a w2 for her?

Yes, there is a lot wrong with what was happening and the more you post the more it appears there was something illegal going on.
Last comment...

Worker's comp is based on the dollar value of payroll in specific categories. Therefore its quite possible to figure out how much one person's share of that is.

I have seen you argue a position to the point where you start to look ridiculous...usually its someone else on the other end. You have reached that point this time. I am done here.

justalayman

Last comment...

Worker's comp is based on the dollar value of payroll in specific categories. Therefore its quite possible to figure out how much one person's share of that is.

I have seen you argue a position to the point where you start to look ridiculous...usually its someone else on the other end. You have reached that point this time. I am done here.
to suggest that a company's WC insurance changes with each and every payroll change whther it be from adding or reducing employee count or something such as any or all employees receiving a raise is simlply incorrect. Damn, using your explanation if somebody worked an hour overtime it would cause a change in WC cost. In contrast if a person missed an hour of work it would change the WC cost as well.

What you did was still wrong and very suggestive of an unlawful or even illegal activity. Obviously nobody got caught such that the proverbial crap hit the fan but I have no doubt of the impropriety of your actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">