• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cause of Action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rooty1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho

I have received a threatening letter demanding that I must sign a road maintenance contract (similar to an HOA) and pay money to use a road or be homeless (without the road I am landlocked.)

The person threatening me has no Warranty Deed to the road and cannot legally keep me from using it.

If I file a Motion for Declaratory Judgment and ask the court to force this person to produce a Warranty Deed to prove they own the road or, leave me alone, what would my Cause of Action be?

adjusterjack

If you are truly landlocked and somebody else's road is your ONLY access, then you might have an easement by necessity.

Read the following general information.

http://www.constitutionaldaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=469:property-easement-by-necessity

Before you do anything, I suggest you consult a real estate attorney ASAP. Initial consultations may be free and a few hundred dollars for a scary looking written response by a lawyer might get these people off your back.

Rooty1

If you are truly landlocked and somebody else's road is your ONLY access, then you might have an easement by necessity.

Read the following general information.

http://www.constitutionaldaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=469:property-easement-by-necessity

Before you do anything, I suggest you consult a real estate attorney ASAP. Initial consultations may be free and a few hundred dollars for a scary looking written response by a lawyer might get these people off your back.
Thank you adjusterjack. An easement by necessity requires unity of title - that I do not have.

It feels like attempted extortion to me but I see Idaho repealed their extortion statute (?)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">