• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CC trying to take my ss disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dolly1948

:confused: :confused: What is the name of your state? Ohio
I thought cc companies couldn't come after my ss checks. It's the only thing I have. I own nothing. Everything is in husband's name including our house. I use my checks to pay for medicine anf doctor and hospital stays. Do I have anything to worry about? They want me to aooear in muny court in3 weeks. Can't show up. House bound do to illness.:) :(

Betty

They can't garnish your soc. sec. checks. (deduct money from them) However, if you deposit these checks (this money) into your checking acct. and/or savings acct., they can go after the money you have in these accts. (if they get a judgment against you) You will then have the problem of proving the money in the accts. was all SS check money. You should probably reply to the court - let them know you are ill & will not be able to show up on the date indicated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">