• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cease and deseace advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chadro

What is the name of your state? SD

Pretty sure im going to send a cease deseace order to a credit collections agency. But what is a good format/template to use? I dont want to just type random words. Thanks!

racer72

The cease and decease method of getting out of paying bills is very popular at this time, good folks do it every day. The only downside is you have to die to do it.

Try Googling "collections cease and desist", you will have a much better chance of finding what you are looking for.

TigerD

It must be spring. Chadro crawled out from under something.

So, chadro, have you sold the car with the $535 a month payment yet -- or is that the creditor you are trying to dodge now?

Glad to see you've improved on that fancy college education -- a couple of more years and you will be almost literate.

DC

BL

Sample Cease and Desist Letter For Debt Collectors
Date

Your Name
Address
City, State Zip

Debt Collector’s Name
Address
City, State Zip

Re: Account Number

Dear Debt Collector:

Pursuant to my rights under federal debt collection laws, I am requesting that you cease and desist communication with me, as well as my family and friends, in relation to this and all other alleged debts you claim I owe.

You are hereby notified that if you do not comply with this request, I will immediately file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and the [your state here] Attorney General’s office. Civil and criminal claims will be pursued.

Sincerely,

Your Name

chadro

It must be spring. Chadro crawled out from under something.

So, chadro, have you sold the car with the $535 a month payment yet -- or is that the creditor you are trying to dodge now?

Glad to see you've improved on that fancy college education -- a couple of more years and you will be almost literate.

DC

THANKS TO everyone who answered my question. Now debtcollector, the debt they are trying to collect is out of SOL so they cant do much at this point. Their only now going after people because the company that has had many names is going under.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">