• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cemetery plot owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justfish

What is the name of your state? CA

My mother past a couple years ago and is burried next to her mother my grandmother, it is not a family plot just two plots next to each other. There are more empty plots next to them where I would like to be burried but the plots are taken. The cemetery for obvious reason wont release any info on the plots, is there any place to find the owners info (public record?) or a law that unclaimed plots can be resold?

Thank you in advance

LindaP777

The cemetery for obvious reason wont release any info on the plots, is there any place to find the owners info
You can wait a few years and read their names on the large stone that will be placed there!
(Sorry, bad joke! Too, much coffee, this morning!)

Ozark_Sophist

My family went through a similar circumstance recently. You could give the officials an offer letter to forward to the owner of the plot.

carofl93

You may want to also consider the fact that the plots are in use, simply unmarked. My husband's father and his (FIL's) first wife have been gone for 10 and 40 years respectively, and are only now getting their headstones.

justfish

You may want to also consider the fact that the plots are in use, simply unmarked. My husband's father and his (FIL's) first wife have been gone for 10 and 40 years respectively, and are only now getting their headstones.
I should have been more clear, the cemetery has told me the polts are empty and with the cemetery being old it was a good posibility that the plot owners had bought the plots a long time ago without younger family member knowing and been burried else where.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">