• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ch13 and non related civil case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Confused Tx Dad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

At the end of my divorce, I had to file bankruptcy. Since then, my former mother in law successfully sued me for $1000.00. I have to attend a Motion to Sign hearing in the morning and have 2 questions:

1. The Order written by her attorney has several errors. Not only is the date of our Final Hearing incorrect, he added a load of b.s. to what was written in the judges memorandum. I have submitted an accurate copy with the court and opposing counsel. Since we already had a Show Cause hearing and I didn't bring it up then, is it too late; was that my lost "opportunity"?

2. Since I did file Ch 13 a couple of years ago, must the bankruptcy judge be notified, approve, or have any say in this matter?

I will be in court in less than 10 hours so any prompt responses are greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">