• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chance of getting FROR ordered?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

profmum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO
Xfiles and I share 50-50 custody of our 5 yr old DD. Currently we do not have any direct language about FROR. However we have been exercising it for overnights and any time Xfiles has to fly back later etc. I have yet to exercise it since all my travel i can do on his parenting week, I had a recent oppurtunity where he would be taking care of DD for one overnight when i was out of town on my week but the trip got cancelled.

Now Xfiles has a new GF and there are some murmerings about DD staying with her when he is out of town. I dont agree with it but am not doing anything unless it actually happens.

This is the only "implied language" (if that) about hinting at FROR.

It is clear from Respondents testimony (Xfiles) that even in adoption this plan (week on, week off), there will be times when he is not able to have all of his parenting time with the child in the weeks that are now his with the child….. he shall not be entitled to make up parenting time for any parenting time that would otherwise have been his but for his need to miss it for work. The same shall apply to any parenting time that Petitioner (Mum) misses to travel for work.

The transcript of the hearing talks about Mum having DDD when dad is out of town and the magistrate (I think) refers to that in this part of the CO which states:

The court incorporates the additional findings made on the record in support of these orders herein by reference.

Going down the parade of imaginary horribles, IF this came to a fight what are the chances of my getting this orderd by the Courts?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">