• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing contact number?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JUICY

What is the name of your state? CA

I was just wondering if I could get in trouble for change my contact number from my daughters father. He doesnt come to see her, or even bother calling to see how shes doing. But he sends me text messages saying how he never wanted to be a dad, how me and my daughter are dead to him forever, etc. But its not on papers that i have full custody of my daughter. which i am planning to do real soon. but i just wanted to know if i would get in trouble if i changed my number on him because i dont want to deal with those messages anymore. and yes, he does know why i live, but he doesnt ever come around.

tigger22472

What is the name of your state? CA

I was just wondering if I could get in trouble for change my contact number from my daughters father. He doesnt come to see her, or even bother calling to see how shes doing. But he sends me text messages saying how he never wanted to be a dad, how me and my daughter are dead to him forever, etc. But its not on papers that i have full custody of my daughter. which i am planning to do real soon. but i just wanted to know if i would get in trouble if i changed my number on him because i dont want to deal with those messages anymore. and yes, he does know why i live, but he doesnt ever come around.

Were you ever married?

Is there anything LEGALLY making him the father of the child?

If not then there's not a problem... once custody is 'on paper' as you say that may change the story though.

ceara19

You could always just delete any messages from him. Unless your court order requires you to actually READ any text messages he may send, there's no reason to even open them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">