• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chapter 7 and seperation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jlc614

What is the name of your state?NY

Sorry this is kind of a repost of a question I asked a while ago but with new information. My husband and I filed for Chapter 7 and we have already been to our 341 meeting. According to the notice we received with the court date the creditors have until 7/12 to file any objections. My husband and I are seperating and we will offically be l iving apart the end of June. I have tried to ask my lawyer this question but he has been unavailable...Will this affect our BK? If so how? We will both be incurring more expenses due to the seperation and there is not additional income or assets. Also should we wait until the BK is discharged to file official seperation papers

Ladynred

At this point in the process, post 341 meeting, your marital status doesn't enter into your BK at all. You've only got a few weeks to go before you get your discharge, unless a creditor files an objection, and most never do, you're free and clear in about 3 weeks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">