• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charges of willful abandonment and child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jessbell

simpleguy05 said:
Its a form that with or with out a DNA test, the man is accepting the child as his. If he signs it it is also recognized as proof of paternity in cases where no DNA test is performed. Which leads me to believe that that is what the other guy signed if he didn't fill out paternity forms at the hospital when the baby was born.
I have no idea as to what he signed at the hospital cause he didn't even know that she was telling my husband that he was the father until after the dna came back saying my husband was the father and that took two months for the results to come back.

jessbell

jessbell said:
I have no idea as to what he signed at the hospital cause he didn't even know that she was telling my husband that he was the father until after the dna came back saying my husband was the father and that took two months for the results to come back.
We didn't even know she was pregnant until her 8th month calling him for money then popped it onto him that she was pregnant that is why we got the dna test done. Her boyfriend called us after the dna test was completed asking us how we found out about her being pregnant and why we did the tests

jessbell

She was married to one guy, separated was with both my husband and the other guy, my husband stopped seeing her when she moved to portland with the other guy....they broke up after the dna test found that my husband was the father and now she is with another guy total of 5 kids with all different dads, now she says her divorce was finalized and now i know she has a new boyfriend no one knew what was going on with her including her mother until after the dna test was done. now that the dna test is positive his she agreed to the child support and visitation. but now that both the other men have left her she has been really harrassing my husband and saying she is pressing charges for willfull abandonment and more child support and she comes up with the attorney thing every time we tell her is that we can't send more than what we are because of all his bills. that is why i am trying to figure out what to do...at the same time we are trying to save money for court fees and attorneys.

jessbell

jessbell said:
She was married to one guy, separated was with both my husband and the other guy, my husband stopped seeing her when she moved to portland with the other guy....they broke up after the dna test found that my husband was the father and now she is with another guy total of 5 kids with all different dads, now she says her divorce was finalized and now i know she has a new boyfriend no one knew what was going on with her including her mother until after the dna test was done. now that the dna test is positive his she agreed to the child support and visitation. but now that both the other men have left her she has been really harrassing my husband and saying she is pressing charges for willfull abandonment and more child support and she comes up with the attorney thing every time we tell her is that we can't send more than what we are because of all his bills. that is why i am trying to figure out what to do...at the same time we are trying to save money for court fees and attorneys.
We sent her alot of money back in june cause she was kicked out of her apartment. we are so far behind on bills that we pay what we owe her and still trying to catch up on bills but inbetween paydays she's asking for 100 dollars here and there.

Zephyr

jessbell said:
We sent her alot of money back in june cause she was kicked out of her apartment. we are so far behind on bills that we pay what we owe her and still trying to catch up on bills but inbetween paydays she's asking for 100 dollars here and there.

he doesn't owe her anything.....yet.

Zephyr

saying she is pressing charges for willfull abandonment and more child support

she will get no where with this

jessbell

jessbell said:
so should he still keep paying her just to be safe about back child support?
all we want to do is catch up on all the bills then start helping her out...but she calls about 5 times a month for money and we just can't do it....we both love his kid and i feel so sorry for the child cause the mother seems to be just using him for a meal ticket.

jessbell

jessbell said:
all we want to do is catch up on all the bills then start helping her out...but she calls about 5 times a month for money and we just can't do it....we both love his kid and i feel so sorry for the child cause the mother seems to be just using him for a meal ticket.
she won't get a job either and that's really getting to be nerve wrecking i also feel sorry for her other 4 kids because we know none of the other fathers are around...but if we don't pay money to her this month and next will he owe for that later?

Zephyr

jessbell said:

this woman is the reason why there is such hatred for cp's getting cs, she's on kiddie pension for goodness sakes.

I would not send her any money until ordered to do so. get it into asap, the back support, if any should be minimal.

Thats what I was trying to tell ya. Yes he should still pay or he'll end up owning alot more. With the military he should have his wages garnished by their methods. It's the safest bet. But if he elects to not do that she CAN get a hold of his chain of cammand and he will be forced to comply by their way until a court orders his child support. They don't get into visitation though. All I'm saying is that you're taking a risk. However, I wouldn't pay her anything more than 450 a month because I doubt thats what she'd get based on his pay anyhow. Sounds like you guys can't afford that as it is so I'm assuming he isn't high ranking. Don't take offense to that.

jessbell

WANNACRY said:
this woman is the reason why there is such hatred for cp's getting cs, she's on kiddie pension for goodness sakes.

I would not send her any money until ordered to do so. get it into asap, the back support, if any should be minimal.
We are planning to put her money into another account when we are able to so that way we will at least have some of it right up front.

so we should petition for paternity correct? and what if we can't get in contact with the legal father if they ask for him to be there?

jessbell

simpleguy05 said:
Thats what I was trying to tell ya. Yes he should still pay or he'll end up owning alot more. With the military he should have his wages garnished by their methods. It's the safest bet. But if he elects to not do that she CAN get a hold of his chain of cammand and he will be forced to comply by their way until a court orders his child support. They don't get into visitation though. All I'm saying is that you're taking a risk. However, I wouldn't pay her anything more than 450 a month because I doubt thats what she'd get based on his pay anyhow. Sounds like you guys can't afford that as it is so I'm assuming he isn't high ranking. Don't take offense to that.
i know what you are saying but they won't even try to touch this his chain of command knows everything and all they can say is that pay her for now or keep the money in the bank until you become the legal father. That's why i don't understand why the navy legal won't even try to help him they just tell him that until he's the father then there's nothing they can do...they won't even help point us in the right direction just to get started....and he's an E-5 and no offense

I dont know what the court would do in his absence, however, try yellow booking his @ss in Portland. Who knows, you might find his number and go from there. Just don't bank on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">