• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chelle's Replies to closed thread!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Illinois
{Qoute}Last time I checked, a mom can dress her kids anyway she wants, and unless the kid is dressed like a streethooker or a hobo, the other parent not to mention the stepparent, has little to argue with the mom about in that case.
Hairspray issue, what's to say the kid didn't ask for it herself? Many of my nieces and nephews wants spray or gel in their hair sometimes to look "cool" (or so they think). That's not neglect!
Looking at your baby through the window doesn't mean she's kissing your @ss, she might just want to have a look at her kid's sibling! I can be curious to look at a baby without loving or wanting anything from it's parents. Your baby isn't causing her issues, so why should she ignore that it exists? That baby is part of her kid's family.
If these are the only complaints as far as neglect goes, you don't have much of a case. Leave it up to the kid's parents to sort this situation out. {Quote}

~You are obviously confused. She (CP...the mother) was mad at NCP(father) for sending her child back home in "preppy" clothes. She said that no child of hers is going to dress like a prep. As well she (CP) was mad at NCP (father) for putting hairspray in the child hair. Yes, she (CP) can dress her child how she wants, but the NCP (father) may dress her how he wants as well. So, if we choose to put her in nice clothers that makes her feel good about herself then we will. Sorry, in my eyes no child should have to walk around with their toes sticking out of their shoes! As far as kissing my a$$ and looking at my child. It's not the gesture of doing so, it's the way she presents herself and the things that she says. Believe me I know when someone is kissing my a$$! These are not the things that I was saying to be neglect. I don't believe I ever said anything about neglect anyways...By the way thanks for your input, but you probably should understand things completely before commenting next time! AND for the final time, IM only doing what my fiance asked that I do to help out. I DONT SPEAK TOO ,OR GET INVOLVED WITH HIS EX!!

[QUOUTE}
The reason why everyone is so concerned with your "meddling" is because judges, GALs and other court professionals often get VERY concerned about meddling from stepparents or others. In fact, a stepparent who meddles in these issues can actually damage their spouse's case. I appreciate that you have lots of questions, but honestly, you come across as a stepparent who is trying to push their spouse into actions that the spouse wouldn't necessarily consider on their own. You also appear very resentful of the income that is leaving your home in child support.

You do need to be very careful. If any of the court professionals begin to view you as interfering in the co-parenting relationship, it can be a serious problem.{QUOTE}
Not meddling, sorry. ONLY HELPING OUT THE MAN THAT I LOVE! This was as an issue that my fiance was dealing with before we knew one another. Him and the ex were seperated 3 moths after being married. I don't push him into doing anything. He asks my opinion since we are a family and I give it. Sometimes he agrees and other he doesn't. Just like any other family. And believe me he is a grown man and makes his own decisions. As far as resentful to the income leving this house... you are crazed! I have no problems with him paying child support. We are both working americans with an education and good jobs. The money that we pay in child support doesn't break our bank. Do you recall me saying that I am the one that goes and buys the little girl all the extras? Shoes, coat, clothes and all the other little "girly" things that she likes. I have a question...do you only read half of my thread? Also, the only way that the court will see me as interfering is if they live in between my walls. I DONT GET INVOLVED beyond our home! Thanks for your input, you keep us laughing!

Chelle0511 said:
[QUOUTE} Ok everyone is jumping down this ladies back saying she is complaining about hairspray and such....... The poster is not saying she( the poster) has a problem with the hairspray but that the BIOMOM refused visitation due to the fact that the POSTER used hairspray on the little girl was 4 minutes late to drop off and such so before you all jump on this poor poster make sure you understand what the heck she said first.

LdiJ

You know...since you were the one who closed your thread, you could have easily re-opened it to respond to the posts rather than starting up a whole new thread.

Hisbabygirl77

Best bet is a moderator closed it. They sometimes do that if they feel that the post is getting ugly so to speak. Either that or you could have accidentally closed it. Those are the only two options that I know of.

Last edited:
LdiJ said:
You know...
~Actually, nope didn't know that I could reopen a closed thread!

since you were the one who closed your thread,
~Didn't you read my responses.... I DID NOT CLOSE MY THREAD!

you could have easily re-opened it to respond to the posts rather than starting up a whole new thread.
Why would I ask who closed my thread if I did it???

Hisbabygirl77 said:
Best bet is a mediator closed it. They sometimes do that if they feel that the post is getting ugly so to speak. Either that or you could have accidentally closed it. Those are the only two options that I know of.
Must have been cause it wasn't my fiance' or myself. Oh well, I got my responses out there. Thanks again for all your support!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">