• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chex System.....help???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan

Back in early 2001 - I opened a checking account. I overdrew on that account, and by the time I found out - the fees had already stacked up and I could not afford to pay.

Eventually - I just avoided the notices, etc...and tried to forget about it.

Now - I am currently paying off my debts, and I see that I can not get a checking account because the bank reported it to 'Chex Systems'.

I went to www.chexhelp.com and found out that for five years, that bad information is on the Chex Report. So basically - for five years I could not get a checking account.

Now - I am wondering - when is the five years up???

My report that I got says that this Insufficient Funds was reported on 5/23/2001.

Does this mean that this will drop off my my Chex System Report on 5/23/2006 ???

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
- Kari :)

Veronica1228

karihager1982 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan

Back in early 2001 - I opened a checking account. I overdrew on that account, and by the time I found out - the fees had already stacked up and I could not afford to pay.

Eventually - I just avoided the notices, etc...and tried to forget about it.

Now - I am currently paying off my debts, and I see that I can not get a checking account because the bank reported it to 'Chex Systems'.

I went to www.chexhelp.com and found out that for five years, that bad information is on the Chex Report. So basically - for five years I could not get a checking account.

Now - I am wondering - when is the five years up???

My report that I got says that this Insufficient Funds was reported on 5/23/2001.

Does this mean that this will drop off my my Chex System Report on 5/23/2006 ???

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
- Kari :)
Yes, that is what it means. You should be off of Chex 5 years after you are reported. However, if you use a search engine such as Yahoo! or Google and type in 'Chex Systems' a lot of sites will come up that tell you ways to get around Chex. Give it a try and see if any of those sites will help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">