• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Abused By Father Since Original Proposal Filed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wife_of_sfc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

I'm currently in the middle of what originated as a placement battle for my 6 year old son. The GAL's proposal of the child spending the earlier part of the week with his father & later half of the week with myself was granted on a temporary basis. A follow-up status conference is scheduled in the end of June. Since the order was pseudo granted, my son fell subject to abuse by his father. How would I go about changing my proposal from placement to full custody, as my son has been in my custody since the incident occured (about a month now), and a no contact order for his father is informally in place? I'm self represented in this matter, as I'm unable to financially cover an attorney's retainer, let alone hourly rates. :confused:

LdiJ

I'm currently in the middle of what originated as a placement battle for my 6 year old son. The GAL's proposal of the child spending the earlier part of the week with his father & later half of the week with myself was granted on a temporary basis. A follow-up status conference is scheduled in the end of June. Since the order was pseudo granted, my son fell subject to abuse by his father. How would I go about changing my proposal from placement to full custody, as my son has been in my custody since the incident occured (about a month now), and a no contact order for his father is informally in place? I'm self represented in this matter, as I'm unable to financially cover an attorney's retainer, let alone hourly rates. :confused:
You are going to have to give us the details of the situation...otherwise we cannot give you any valid advice.

A couple of important questions: What do you mean by "pseudo granted" and what do you mean by "informal"?

Just Blue

I think that reading the Hx is needed for this OP.

wife_of_sfc

Ldij... the court commissioner wasn't marrying to the proposal, so it wasn't in stone... informal as the Child Protective Services intake worker didn't file a CHIPS order, thus no legal document stating no contact, as my son's father hasn't contested what he did to my son... there are still a lot of loose ends on that part of the dilema...

LdiJ

Ldij... the court commissioner wasn't marrying to the proposal, so it wasn't in stone... informal as the Child Protective Services intake worker didn't file a CHIPS order, thus no legal document stating no contact, as my son's father hasn't contested what he did to my son... there are still a lot of loose ends on that part of the dilema...
Still however, without the details and the backstory we really cannot advise you.

wife_of_sfc

sorry... backstory: my ex & I are/were supposed to have joint custody, shared placement of our son... the ex moved in w/ his mother given financial issues on his end... next thing I know, he moved out of his mother's residence w/o giving me an address for him, & stating that our son will continue staying w/ his mother during his time for visitation as she is better able to care for our son than he is... the woman is physically disabled & suffers from other health issues...

Silverplum

sorry... backstory: my ex & I are/were supposed to have joint custody, shared placement of our son... the ex moved in w/ his mother given financial issues on his end... next thing I know, he moved out of his mother's residence w/o giving me an address for him, & stating that our son will continue staying w/ his mother during his time for visitation as she is better able to care for our son than he is... the woman is physically disabled & suffers from other health issues...
So where's the abuse you mentioned in your first post?

wife_of_sfc said:
my son fell subject to abuse by his father
Y'know, if you "cry abuse" and then fail to stay on-topic, I tend to blow off your "cry" as overblown dramatics.

LdiJ

So where's the abuse you mentioned in your first post?

Y'know, if you "cry abuse" and then fail to stay on-topic, I tend to blow off your "cry" as overblown dramatics.
In this instance I have to agree.

I will be much more specific and if you don't give specific answers this time, then you need to consult with a local attorney because we cannot help you.

Exactly how did dad abuse your son?
Exactly what do you mean by "informal restraining order"?

If you are having trouble remembering the questions when you are responding, use the quote feature.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">