• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child car seat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frustratedbr

What is the name of your state?California
My child recently told me that his father never puts him in a car seat which is the law in our state. The court order states that the Father is to pick up our child at the Daycare. When asked, my child's Father denies it. What are my options?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

frustratedbr said:
What is the name of your state?California
My child recently told me that his father never puts him in a car seat which is the law in our state. The court order states that the Father is to pick up our child at the Daycare. When asked, my child's Father denies it. What are my options?

My response:

First, get the proof. Stake out the daycare parking lot, and video the father placing his kid in the car without a car seat or restraint system in place, and driving off. Then, if all goes as planned, make a copy of the tape and send it to him with a note that says, "If I catch you doing this again, we're going to court for Child Endangerment, and I'm going to have your visitation and custody rights severely restricted. Don't screw with me or the kid. Obey the law."

IAAL

LOL :D IAAL that was hilarious. As to the OP if he is denying it then your only way to deal with it is proof. My state has 1-888-BABY when you see a child w/o a car seat you call and the fire/police department will run the plate and actually give the parent a car seat or inform them of the laws regarding the use of a car seat if it happens twice they get a ticket, and that is your proof. Good Luck

candi4687

Is there any way that you could have one of the day care workers kind of follow him out talking or maybe even pretend that the child left his/her toy :rolleyes: and see if they notice a car seat and maybe they can suggest that he gets one because they could be liable for turning over the child without it? BTW, love the idea of the video LOL.... great and would work damn good. Just don't pick a prickly ass bush to sit in as you wait!!..o0ouch. :eek:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

First, get the proof. Stake out the daycare parking lot, and video the father placing his kid in the car without a car seat or restraint system in place, and driving off. Then, if all goes as planned, make a copy of the tape and send it to him with a note that says, "If I catch you doing this again, we're going to court for Child Endangerment, and I'm going to have your visitation and custody rights severely restricted. Don't screw with me or the kid. Obey the law."

IAAL

Real smart advice IAAL. Put the mother in danger as well. Don't be a FOOL!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jslopez711 said:
Real smart advice IAAL. Put the mother in danger as well. Don't be a FOOL!!!
My response:

In "danger" of what, fool? A drive-by shooting? What are you talking about?

I get these types of tapes all the time in my office and I use them in court like a bludgeon against the "opposition."

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

In "danger" of what, fool? A drive-by shooting? What are you talking about?

I get these types of tapes all the time in my office and I use them in court like a bludgeon against the "opposition."

IAAL
You have absolutely no idea on what the EX might do if he/she is caught beeing looked at by someone. What is your problem? You are telling OP to SPY at RISK. What the H***.
Why not get a pro to do this, perhaps sudgest the police to show up and verify, CPS? What if in the process of the OP getting footage the ex drives off and wrecks. Yeah, nice film but now you have a child hurt or worst, perhaps dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I guess that is OK to you because you got it all on film right? THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why put the child in danger to get film????? Why place the OP in danger because you don't know what the ex is going to react. Either way, it is not good!!!!
Your advice is wreckless.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jslopez711 said:
You have absolutely no idea on what the EX might do if he/she is caught beeing looked at by someone. What is your problem? You are telling OP to SPY at RISK. What the H***.
Why not get a pro to do this, perhaps sudgest the police to show up and verify, CPS? What if in the process of the OP getting footage the ex drives off and wrecks. Yeah, nice film but now you have a child hurt or worst, perhaps dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I guess that is OK to you because you got it all on film right? THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why put the child in danger to get film????? Why place the OP in danger because you don't know what the ex is going to react. Either way, it is not good!!!!

My response:

You're obviously an emotional idiot. Go back to watching "Cops".

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

IAAL

Right, "Cops", so that you can continue to put peoples life's in danger you a**h***!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Yeah, right. Where's your proof? Are you watching too many television shows again?

IAAL
It's been at least 5 years since I've seen "Cops". Fact is I thought the show was taken off the air, pitty. --But speaking of "Cops", your initial sudgestion does have much of FOX writen all over it. The sudgestion is riddled with carelessness and complete disregard for consequences. I ask you to re-consider your advice and sudgest something with more responsiblity. You as an attornery (yup, I'm assuming based on what you have told me) should do the right thing. :D

casa

jslopez711 said:
Oh no, I can't resist :cool: CPS doesn't go about incognito filming people. I think you are referring to a P.I.
Actually the fastest remedy is what IAAL described. NOT saying it's 'Safe' because we don't know if the drunk parent is safe, but heck- I'd risk it if it was MY kid. Of course I'd have a cellphone to call police immediately thereafer as well ;)

casa

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

IAAL

IAAL~ Come on now, you know why this is the fastest remedy...why make remarks about a cop show instead of giving logistics of why this is the quickest remedy? :rolleyes: Afraid of too much free advice? :p just pokin' fun :)

rmet4nzkx

jslopez711 said:
You are an idiot!
It is more dangerous for OP to do nothing and wait for law enforcement to catch him. Don't be silly, they are not going to roll on the report of a car without a child protective seat, by the time they get there, he will be gone and what IAAL suggested is the simplest and most direct way to solve the problem, it documents the violation and can be taken immediately to the police and/or the court and solve the problem, toot sweet :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">