• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child support (adult child wanting back child support pay now)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Antigone*

Legally, it would be difficult to retrieve the child support based on your case.
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​
And now for the accurate legal answer: The OP can do nothing whatsoever with regards to back child support.

Channeling some JetX there (miss him much:()

CourtClerk

Because she's right - you're nowhere near mature or responsible enough to handle POA for a goldfish, let alone an ailing adult human being.
I didn't read the history, but that's telling....

what say you, he wants to be POA so he can become the SSA payee and then help himself to the $300?

People go to h*ll for that, you know...

Proserpina

I didn't read the history, but that's telling....

what say you, he wants to be POA so he can become the SSA payee and then help himself to the $300?

People go to h*ll for that, you know...

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind of this poster's motivation and intent.

No doubt whatsoever.

Seriously - he begrudges that ailing old man his freakin' CANDY for crying out loud?

That's...I don't even have the words. And I'm wordy.

CSO286

If your father is receives social security and is living in a nursing home--do you realize the law only allows for about >$100 for discretionary spending?

The remainder has to go toward the care and housing.
So you would tell your father that he shouldn't be even allowed an occasional NA beer or a chocolate bar and you would take every possible dime from him?

My first job ever was in long term care, and I have seen some callousness in the world....people arguing over a family members beside about who would get what piece of china or jewelry....even before said family member passed.

what you are suggesting is morally repugnant and reprehensible.

Oh and it's not something you can legally do, anyway.
Have a nice day. :)

cyjeff

OP, I sincerely hope that someday you are lying alone on your deathbed and find someone has taken away your KitKat money.

Have a great life. Seeking help will make that life more enjoyable.

Amazing... you want to take his money for YOUR car and YOUR life.

Yes, he should have paid child support... but he has obviously been in no position to do so.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If my children ever even thought to do something like this to their Dad? I'd disown them.

ETA - You shame your mother.

SESmama

Makes me wonder if that might be why mom is NOT taking action. She is ashamed of her child attempting such a low action. Maybe this is her final attempt to teach him to be an adult.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois but my father is in AZ.

In my mom's divorce decree my dad owes my mom back child-support (enough to buy a new car and help me move on with my life). My dad is currently in a nursing home in AZ and receives a $300 check from social security per month to be spent on his necessities (ie food, clothes, etc.) however from the time I was about 10 until I became an adult (18) he has not paid child support and my mom refuses to get involved.

What can I do if anything to get the back child support money? Is there a statue of limitations as to when it's due? From what I recall at least in Illinois (and I might be wrong) but deadbeat fathers that don't pay go to jail. I am asking if anything can be done and if nothing can be done then that is fine with me.

You are a disgusting, vile POS.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/domestic-violence-abuse-38/odd-question-548135.html

With all due respect, I suspect that the OP might have a few mental disorders.

Schizophrenia (likely disorganized) comes to mind.

If that's the case, it explains a LOT.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">